Live-edge entry table

Llama

Love that flag!

Table is super awesome too!  Awesome work Mel.

For those that don't know, I had the chance to see this in person.  In fact, I helped Mel build the cart under it.  The craftsmanship was second to none, I was very impressed.  Mel is a bit modest so I'll say it, awesome attention to detail!  Yes, there were some things that were a stretch for Mel but, he didn't just half ass it.  He reached out for some knowledge and built it right within the demands of the client.

I know that there were a few that lent a hand where needed.  You know who you are and I hope you enjoy the work as much as Mel.

Awesome work Mel!, much to be proud of!

• Like 2

Thanks guys! :)

I truly appreciate the compliments.

Coop, I took around 1000 pictures of this along the way... I just don't have the energy to post a journal at the moment. Perhaps I'll update with more pics when I get the pics of this in the clients home. It was just picked up today, and headed to its new home :)

It was bittersweet. I grew attached to this piece along the way. I really poured my heart and soul into this one, along with a few sacrifices along the way. 

• Like 1

Mel, the dark area on the live edge isn't bark is it?

No bark. The bark was chipped off, I used a very blunt chisel and a hammer to knock it off. Then I applied several coats of epoxy. Then I hit it with some ARS, sanded it down very lightly and added some more ARS. 

He did a helluva job retaining the color. I've taken bark off before and sometimes the dark area (there's bound to be a name for the area between the bark and the sap wood, and only one comes to mind and I better not use it here) stays and some comes off.

• Like 2