Domino 500 - chair build

So irked about my Snafu with the arms. That grain pattern was so perfect for the arms....

The backside isn't so bad at least

Made the angle on the upper back brace with the table mounted jigsaw again, with the workpiece shimmed up on an angle. Finished the rest a rasp, file, and sanding. Blew right through my pencil and sharpee edge lines, but hopefully it won't make too much of a difference. When I line up the back slats, I might need to fine tune a bit for a flush fit.

Clamped up my half lap glue sandwich. I put my caul (sp?) blocks in sandwich bags so they wouldn't glue to the workpiece. Easy solution.

post-15261-0-15882000-1404746308_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

I never thought I'd finish the arms and upper back brace...but they're COMPLETE....and add a rabbiting bit and modeler's rasp to the ongoing ledger.  With all the gear and various bits I've had to buy, this is becoming the six million dollar chair.

I feel like I'm rounding third.  With only 15 minutes here and there in the shop, I can only get so much done, but it's home stretch time!

post-15261-0-58068900-1405705506_thumb.j

Legs domino'ed to the arms this morning. That one had to be exact to avoid a crooked chair. Beauty of the domino is that I always seem to get it on the first try.

Built the little jig to line up the seat slats. We're starting to look like a chair!

One more arm bracket and the butt slats, and it's time for screw placement and plugging.

What a journey for my first real woodworking project.

post-15261-0-66121900-1406388248_thumb.j

post-15261-0-36064300-1406388264_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 3 years later...