Show us your "Rack"!

ChetlovesMer

A sacrifice to the OCD Gods. Clamps must be bought in sets of multiples of four. It's a rule that I made up seemingly inexplicably but it should be followed by everyone for the obvious reason.

It's also the perfect excuse for me to get 3 more of a few different clamp styles.

I figured out how to post images here I have to have my wife take then and send them to me. It won't allow my phone to upload the pics it takes :/

My wife calls my clamp rack the wall of shame ( I'm a home hobbyist ) the rack grew from around 8 single hand irwin clamps to around 40 plus of all kinds in a few months time . All the while I "forgot" to mention to her I had been buying them like a man possessed. Why I thought she wouldn't notice is beyond me.

All the while I "forgot" to mention to her I had been buying them like a man possessed. Why I thought she wouldn't notice is beyond me.

Clamps are like the stuff in the checkout aisle. You know you shouldn't buy it seems like a good idea at the time...and 1-2 aren't that expensive. It's easier to justify 25 bucks here and there. I wonder how many beginners have over $500 in clamps but are agonizing over the $600 vs the $800 table saw. I think Eric's rule is really good for preventing that situation.

• Like 1

Primarily guitar..  Like most musicians tho, I play a little drums and bass as well..

My primary rig is a PRS (neck thru) thru an AC30 with Boss effects.

I love PRS. I don't play, myself. I have loved the hardware since I was 5 or 6. I drooled over a couple of VOX amps when I was looking for something for my son. I ended up getting an Orange Micro Terror and will be building a pair of 1x12 cabs for it. He needed something portable and I wanted to build some cabs. :) The OMT is so tiny that it fits in a lunch box with room to spare. The plan is to build a pedalboard and mount it on there.

• Like 1

Clamps are like the stuff in the checkout aisle. You know you shouldn't buy it seems like a good idea at the time...and 1-2 aren't that expensive. It's easier to justify 25 bucks here and there. I wonder how many beginners have over $500 in clamps but are agonizing over the $600 vs the $800 table saw. I think Eric's rule is really good for preventing that situation.

Exactly ! I wasn't savy enough to buy all my clamps on sale. I paid 45 plus tax for my 48 inch parallel jaw clamps and 35 for my 30 inch parallel jaw clamps. But it was basically one at a time so I never quite got overwhelmed with the cost.

Aw...Sweet of you to call drummers 'musicians'.

Don't worry, they can't read this.

(Gonna hear it from the Admin on this one :) )

Well there are only 2 Admins here and 1 of them plays drums..  I'm pretty sure he can read but, I wouldn't bet my life on it!  ;)

Jorgies and Bessie's and Irwins oh my ! Couldn't resist, posting after a few cocktails is risky but what the hell !

Nice Rack !

I have some Jorgenson " F" clamps that are close to 40 years old and they still work well. A few 25 year old Bessey's are not clamping quite as parallel as I would like . The Irwin Quik grips seem like the newer ones don't hold a candle to the older ones.... Moving production to China seemed to be a mistake.

Thanks guys !I LOVE jorgensen clamps

And wdwerker I'd agree but I'm only 28 so I ain't old enough to have really used the old irwins. The single hand irwin I have are decent I guess though they don't create much pressure and they feel cheap (imagine that lol ) I like my bessey f style I got all 20 of those in one order ( increments of four of course ) I'm getting 6 60 " Parallel jaw and 6 smaller 18" ( I think 18 or was it 24) when the sale comes up . So ill have to devise a better rack .

PS on that note they are all clamped on wood cleats that are screwed to the wall not hung like they I see all you guys have. Is that bad for the clamps to be clamped in storage like that on a cleat ?

I called Southern Tool because their website shows that you can call them today and get black friday pricing.  He said something about they weren't going to do the Jet Clamp sale, then they changed their minds.

He quoted me the following prices:

24":  36.94 (have to buy two)  Reg:  $50

40":  47.50      Reg:  64.99

50":  52.78      Reg:  69.99

Looks like that works out closer to 25-27% as opposed to the 50% that Jet is advertising (though the resellers obviously dont have to do the sale).  I do believe he said free shipping somewhere in there.

I didn't mention to him that it wasn't 50% off, figured I'd just wait to see what other resellers are doing.