Hijack!

Llama

1 minute ago, drzaius said:

Made me want to barf when I added up what I spent on my last computer build & what I could have bought for the shop with that money. And half the parts were recycled from the old computer.

I'm trying to keep it under 3k. But with 3 28" monitors - I'll go over. My monitors are in need of an update. The rest of it is high end but not stupid high end. Like.. I just don't need an $800 video card for the one game I play (Starcraft 2.)

2 minutes ago, Llama said:

And people say Macs are overpriced.

I know it's two different things... :) 

My last pc cost about the same, and it's going on 7 years. My macbook pro was $3k and is still doing very well 7 years in as well. I'll drop as much as it takes to build quality machines. I feel like I get my money out of them! 

10 minutes ago, Llama said:

Just so everyone knows, Colorado is freaking beautiful. The views are amazing. The people are wonderful.. Well, I suppose they like money... so, theres that.. They are nice though. I had a conversation with a retired guy today while on a walk. Really interesting guy. I would have liked to talk longer, but we had things to get done.

Had some of the best food the other night. Killer caviar and oysters at a place called Jax. I will definitely be back there! 

Plenty to be said for Colorado. They're pretty friendly to retirees, if I'm not mistaken. They don't take so much of a bite on your finances as some other states. Maybe you're not retiring, you certainly don't look it, but you will someday...

20 minutes ago, Gary said:

Yeah, Colorado is amazing. I'm heading to Colorado Springs in a little over a week to visit my sister-in-law's family.

Oh crap, I forgot that today was

TACO TUESDAY!!

IMG_6547.JPG

A little less cilantro and add pico, corn instead of flour and charro instead of refried

11 hours ago, davewyo said:

They don't take so much of a bite on your finances as some other states.

It really depends on what you do, and where you do it... It's easy to spend money in Fort Collins. But, there are plenty of other areas to live in. Wellington, for instance has very reasonable prices for property and is only 15 minutes away from FC. Fort Collins is roughly double in cost... But, there are many more things to do. (better restaurants, shopping, overall better atmosphere) So, we will be living in Fort Collins for the next year. We will be building a house somewhere... Decided to rent for the first year to get an idea of what is around, and where the best place to put down roots will be. Likely Fort Collins, or Wellington depending on what happens in the next 6 months with a variety of other things. Schools are very important to us at the moment. We'll see... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Woodenskye said:

I didn't know you had already made the move.

Well, not really.. But we have... 

I still have a job in Wisconsin, and have a house to sell. But, we are in the process of renting a nice place in FC. So, once again, two house payments at one time... Oh well. The house should sell quickly, and I'll be out here permanently.

I did look up some hardwood dealers close by. I am looking forward to visiting them :)  

2 hours ago, Llama said:

You need better cilantro then. :) 

Tried lots & in different countries. I can actually stand it if there's just a hint of it in the dish. Maybe I'm one of those people who are genetically predisposed to not liking it (if that's really a thing).

Strange, cause I like most everything, canteloup & cilantro excepted. Even the smell of cantaloup turns my stomach.

22 hours ago, drzaius said:

Philips has what looks like a decent 40" 4K monitor that I've got my eye on. I use 2 19" & a 30", but the 30" has developed a nasty yellow streak.

I just bought a 28. If you don't need 144hz.. $400 will do ya (although obviously not 40".) Blows my mind. the 27" I bought 6 years ago for $1300 is garbage compared to the one I just bought. My 22 inch monitors are going to goodwill or something. They are fine but were temp things that I picked up for $165 at walmart when I blew up my old 24" dells. 

This is the one I bought, after reading a ton of reviews. I plan to buy at least one more, maybe 2.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009659

4 hours ago, drzaius said:

Tried lots & in different countries. I can actually stand it if there's just a hint of it in the dish. Maybe I'm one of those people who are genetically predisposed to not liking it (if that's really a thing).

Strange, cause I like most everything, canteloup & cilantro excepted. Even the smell of cantaloup turns my stomach.

That is, in fact, a thing. For a certain percentage of humans, cilantro tastes like soap. I don't think they have named it yet. But they (scientists) have figured out why. I don't remember the reason though.

1 hour ago, Cliff said:

That is, in fact, a thing. For a certain percentage of humans, cilantro tastes like soap. I don't think they have named it yet. But they (scientists) have figured out why. I don't remember the reason though.

Well, I would definitely be one of those percents.

1 hour ago, Cliff said:

I just bought a 28. If you don't need 144hz.. $400 will do ya (although obviously not 40".) Blows my mind. the 27" I bought 6 years ago for $1300 is garbage compared to the one I just bought. My 22 inch monitors are going to goodwill or something. They are fine but were temp things that I picked up for $165 at walmart when I blew up my old 24" dells. 

This is the one I bought, after reading a ton of reviews. I plan to buy at least one more, maybe 2.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009659

I work with pdf blueprints a lot & even the 30" can be quite restrictive.

I'm not a picky eater at all. I eat pretty much anything. I cannot stand cilantro ! The slightest taste of it makes me sick. It's really weird. Its the only food that does that to me.

I love canteloup!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk