Mobile toolbox

shaneymack

Made in Indiana!

I think a lot of trailers/trailer parts come from Indiana.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Hay Shane..I find I need 3or4 hundred pounds up frunt in my trailer so it will hall better..If you hall with a empty truck you need some tongue weight Im thinking.

I have a 1000lb 4x8 steel plate in my truck bed at all times.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

I think a lot of trailers/trailer parts come from Indiana.

I have a 1000lb 4x8 steel plate in my truck bed at all times.

I think your good now man..LOL..That is a dam nice trailer..You are going to love it in the jobs.

• Like 1

I think your good now man..LOL..That is a dam nice trailer..You are going to love it in the jobs.

Lol ya. This truck is a 2500 hd with additional leaf springs. It used to have a massive fuel tank for fueling our excavators. We closed that division down and they took the tank out. Told them i wanted a new truck amd they gave me that one . The thing didn't drive down the road it hopped lol. I told them we needed to take out the additional leaf springs or put a big heavy plate in it. They put the plate and it drives much better since.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

You need about 60℅ of the trailer load in front of the axle to make it pull straight. 50/50 is iffy, more behind will make it wander side to side.

I had a trailer wander like that going 50mph and hit some ice...:o mabe build a corner cabinet up frunt.

I have a set of rear air bags and compressor that will fit a 2500HD or 3500 if you need them.  I've had them in several four wheelers before,  and bought them when I ordered the 3500 dually, but never found the need to install the bags.  They're 15 years old now, but should be fine.  They're still in the original packages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

You need about 60℅ of the trailer load in front of the axle to make it pull straight. 50/50 is iffy, more behind will make it wander side to side.

LOL. This makes me laugh, Ross. If you saw the trailers of all the contractors I deal with.....

Do you have any links to with some info about this 60% trailer load in front of the axle? Ive never heard this before nor seen a trailer set up this way. I dont doubt you, probably more that people are doing it wrong LOL. Ive always read that the weight needs to be evenly distributed side to side and mostly centered over the axles. If you have any info id love to read it. 

1 hour ago, Tom King said:

I have a set of rear air bags and compressor that will fit a 2500HD or 3500 if you need them.  I've had them in several four wheelers before,  and bought them when I ordered the 3500 dually, but never found the need to install the bags.  They're 15 years old now, but should be fine.  They're still in the original packages.

Thanks Tom ! What does something like this go for? Im not sure it would be feasible for me, as its a company truck. Is it very difficult to install?

18 minutes ago, Eric. said:

So much money in that trailer.  Are all those Festools duplicates, or from your own collection?

Mostly mine. I just put them in there to see how it all fit and take a pic. There are a bunch in there that will never be to the jobsite like some of the sanders and the domino. 

9 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Shane, go to airliftcompany.com   there you'll get an explaination for the weight distribution for loading a trailer.   I spent 32 years driving truck and trailers, weight must be a tad forward of your axel.

Thank you Richard, ill check it out now. 

12 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Shane, go to airliftcompany.com   there you'll get an explaination for the weight distribution for loading a trailer.   I spent 32 years driving truck and trailers, weight must be a tad forward of your axel.

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

Found it ! That was easy LOL. Thanks Richard !

From airliftcompany.com

"Whether it’s a conventional, fifth-wheel or gooseneck trailer, always adhere to the rule of thumb for loading the trailer: Load the front of the trailer first, placing 60 percent of the weight forward of the front axle, with the weight evenly distributed side to side. "

• Like 2

6 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Charlie is a groundhog. He has been here for like 10 years.

Paranoid about what? Theft? The idea is that i load the systainers i need for the job onto the sysroll

cca7b14e8e8da4b628f6191000c4bc3c.jpg

4e04092463c5cf9dac902263b225a870.jpg

Or the syscart

2c2a5a6b06aee5f33f4e072e75b5c217.jpg

I don't need to acces the the tools from inside the trailer. Only once im in the house/jobsite

I meant paranoid about them falling off the shelf while you are driving around.

Ok ..I must ask why you would want to to take all that cash around with you to the job .Also it may be to late but I would install a battery, and charger and some lights in the trailer for when you are not pluged in...I also would wire up some outlets so you can just plug in the trailer at the job site for some good lighting and the saws and stuff if that makes any cents..Im just saying what I would do Shane..  

Ok ..I must ask why you would want to to take all that cash around with you to the job .Also it may be to late but I would install a battery, and charger and some lights in the trailer for when you are not pluged in...I also would wire up some outlets so you can just plug in the trailer at the job site for some good lighting and the saws and stuff if that makes any cents..Im just saying what I would do Shane..  

You need tools to do jobs. The tools go in the trailer to get said tools to job.

I will take the trailer to my electrician this week to install lighting and electrical. I will have a 100' 10/3 extension that will go from the trailer to plug into where im working which will power up the trailer. The compressor will be in the trailer at all times and a 100' hose will be connected to it that i can run into the job. Pretty much the same setup as Ron Paulk.

As for a battery setup, i don't really need it for what i do.

14 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

You need tools to do jobs. The tools go in the trailer to get said tools to job.

I will take the trailer to my electrician this week to install lighting and electrical. I will have a 100' 10/3 extension that will go from the trailer to plug into where im working which will power up the trailer. The compressor will be in the trailer at all times and a 100' hose will be connected to it that i can run into the job. Pretty much the same setup as Ron Paulk.

As for a battery setup, i don't really need it for what i do.

Chit ..You have taken that the wrong way but all good...

Well ..I dont care about this Ron guy and I was thinking you could do the work yourself and not pay a electrician because I would not..I guess I dont have your money Shane. I was also trying to tell you that some some weight up frunt of your trailer would help but I could see you would get peed off so I let it go...Im done.:)

Well ..I dont care about this Ron guy and I was thinking you could do the work yourself and not pay a electrician because I would not..I guess I dont have your money Shane. I was also trying to tell you that some some weight up frunt of your trailer would help but I could see you would get peed off so I let it go...Im done.

I have to ask, what drugs are you on?!?!?

I was never 'peed' and was explaining to you that i will have the same setup as Ron Paulk. I also listened to what you and Ross and Richard had to say about tongue weight and did some research and learned something I did not know.

I am also doing as you mentioned and getting it wired up. So im not sure what your getting all butt hurt about but you should stop making assumptions.

You're doing a great job as always, Shane!

Side note: This forum is a never ending source of top notch intel! One can never stop learning useful stuff here.

Thanks, Daniel ! :)

19 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Thanks Tom ! What does something like this go for? Im not sure it would be feasible for me, as its a company truck. Is it very difficult to install?

I don't remember what the setup cost.  I will have been driving this truck for 16 years coming up this November. I expect a few hundred dollars.  The airbags go between the rear axle and the frame, and the kits are vehicle specific, so not much trouble to install.  You put what air you need in them to level the load, and they don't effect ride quality adversely.  I just never needed them on the dually.

I've had them on most pulling vehicles since the 1970 442 that I pulled a ski boat with when I was young.  That one had a presta valve behind the fold down rear license plate.  The past few pickups I've worn out had a built in compressor and switch to do load leveling onboard.

I was just going to offer it to you for whatever you thought it was worth, but probably not worth the trouble  for a company truck.

My first mobile toolbox was a 16' step van that I used from about 1978 through the early '90s.  No pictures, or details of my current rig will go on the internet.

As far as load balancing cargo trailers, in my experience, the axles are far enough back that you would probably have to work to load something really oddly to put negative, or light enough to matter, weight on the tongue.

The ones I've had are for hauling cars or larger, and you can drive a car into the back of them.

I don't remember what the setup cost.  I will have been driving this truck for 16 years coming up this November. I expect a few hundred dollars.  The airbags go between the rear axle and the frame, and the kits are vehicle specific, so not much trouble to install.  You put what air you need in them to level the load, and they don't effect ride quality adversely.  I just never needed them on the dually.

I've had them on most pulling vehicles since the 1970 442 that I pulled a ski boat with when I was young.  That one had a presta valve behind the fold down rear license plate.  The past few pickups I've worn out had a built in compressor and switch to do load leveling onboard.

I was just going to offer it to you for whatever you thought it was worth, but probably not worth the trouble  for a company truck.

My first mobile toolbox was a 16' step van that I used from about 1978 through the early '90s.  No pictures, or details of my current rig will go on the internet.

Great info as always, Tom, thanks.

How come you don't want to share any info on your current setup? Not even a pic or two by email ? :)