Mobile toolbox

shaneymack

24 minutes ago, Woodenskye said:

Shane off to a great start!  I'm sure this will really look great when your done. So after you add the sysports in front of the sheet good storage, how much space will you have as an aisle?  Are you going to put storage above the miter saw?  

Thanks Bryan! I will have around 32-33" i believe. I will for sure have cabinets or open shelves/cubbies above the miter station. I still have another 5' on the left wall to build something there. I might build a big open shelving unit to put my kapex and the bosch table saw. I need to keep one of the walls of the V nose for three hose reels and my compressor. I won't go too much farther until i have my electrician wire it up. 

18 minutes ago, Mike. said:

Will it have room for another italian made Laguna?

It has room for it but pretty sure I won't ever need one on the job site LOL, although it would be cool to have one in there just for fun. But NO, definitely not buying a third Laguna bandsaw!

Just now, shaneymack said:

Lol. I just wished i could have used bb ply instead of this crappy ply. Couldn't justify double the price for a work trailer.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah I wish I could justify bb for my shop too. Doesn't make sense for everything, gotta pick your battles for certain items.

I can't find if you mentioned the height of the roof to deck.  Was wondering if you would use any of the roof space for storing  common moulding and the like. 

Its around 78" at the sides and 80" in the middle. If you look at the photo, i made two storage spots for 12' and 8' materials. I am thinking of making some brackets that will hang from the ceiling for the tracksaw tracks. I have a 118" track that isn't the easiest thing to find a spot for so thats why im thinking of using the ceiling.

Hey this is turning out great. I think the ceiling for the track saw is a great idea. I need to buy a track saw one of these days. I'll probably go mikita though :D.

I know this is kind of a no crap question but i didn't see anything in pictures. Do you have something planned to stop your storage from flying off the shelves when you turn a corner?

• Like 1

Cute trailer.  Per suggestion here, I looked at Ron Paulk's on youtube.  His is cute too.

Thanks, Tom. I got quite a few ideas from Ron Paulk.

Hey this is turning out great. I think the ceiling for the track saw is a great idea. I need to buy a track saw one of these days. I'll probably go mikita though .

I know this is kind of a no crap question but i didn't see anything in pictures. Do you have something planned to stop your storage from flying off the shelves when you turn a corner?

Which shelves are you referring to? So far the left side os drawers and the right side is systainers. For the systainers i will be putting a small 1/4" piece of ply to block the little feet on the bottom of it. I think that will be enough. The trailer does not have leaf springs so it doesn't bounce down the road like most of them. This trailer has independent suspension (dexter torsion axle)

I've always got plenty of 1/2" Baltic scraps around. Usually 11" X 60" cross grain . Shame there isn't a way to share long distance. I use them liberally on jigs and such but it's almost painful to throw them away.

That would have come in handy !

Had some time this morning to get some work done.

Charlie came out for a visit while I was working. He lives under my front stairs. Hes been there for as long as I can remember.

6d5f171db48735888d2465c2b08797a9.jpg

Got the systainer cabinets all done and installed. I need to build another one....or two. Realised its not enough

b29a3e45689bef2763e8f38cda9ea350.jpg

ba38a67a9f1d7234c5b9a0707147d4e1.jpg

I made the shelves out of 1/2" ply and then added a 1- 1/16"piece of 1/4" thick ply on the front. This piece locks the systainer on the shelf. ( the thickness of of the little feet under the systainer is 1/4" and the front feet sit about 1-3/16" back fron the front edge) We will see how well it does as i start driving down the road lol

9ed50a61e6a635bc4ee9dafb31c15be1.jpg

7df385d5e231a139d9cfd69b649dd92d.jpg

Made some nice wispy plywood shavings as i installed all the units

68548891c059d8229da1f42453f95bb3.jpg

• Like 1

Charlie is a .....beaver? Mongoose?

I'd be worried about those systainers, but I am paranoid by default.  I originally thought you were putting each one on a drawer or pull-out so you could open it in place.

Charlie is a groundhog. He has been here for like 10 years.

Paranoid about what? Theft? The idea is that i load the systainers i need for the job onto the sysroll

cca7b14e8e8da4b628f6191000c4bc3c.jpg

4e04092463c5cf9dac902263b225a870.jpg

Or the syscart

2c2a5a6b06aee5f33f4e072e75b5c217.jpg

I don't need to acces the the tools from inside the trailer. Only once im in the house/jobsite

Like how your shop trailer is coming together..Will you have enough tung weight when your done so it halls nice down the road?

Do you mean will I be over the payload? Right now i have nothing over the tongue. I will try to keep most of the weight over the axles and balanced out. The torsion axles should help with the ride even if everything is not balanced out.

This trailer is good for 7000lbs and it weighs around 2100lbs. So I'm good to put around 5000lbs in it.

Shane looking sweet!  If you find the systainers are moving around during driving, a couple screw eyes and a bungee from top to bottom would keep them in place.  Simple fix.  

Thanks Bryan, that is a good idea. I hope that it will be good as is but we will see. I have to do a full bathroom remodel about two hours away over that long weekend in September so I will know after that long ride once I stop and open the doors lol