Mobile toolbox

shaneymack

This just very cool, how are you going to secure the drawers while towing?

I'm not, for now anyways. I think I'll be ok. The torsion axle is a totally different ride than leaf springs. Leaf springs kinda bounce down the road, this thins is very smooth. I have a job to do 2 hours away over labour day weekend. That will be the test. I will take a pic of the inside before I leave and when i arrive. If its a disaster, i will add something to fix the problem.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I need one of those mini systainers for my stash.

Its not a mini its a micro. I don't think you can buy them.

Here is a pic of a the regular systainer, mini sys and the micro

044b313f1bb58714c20a5dbf14261015.jpg

This trailer is looking sweet, better than some shops.  Are you adding fronts to the drawers?  Also are you leaving au natural or you going to paint?  I'm sure you could get a color match to a systainer?  

Those are the drawer fronts, that's why i cut the slot to act as a drawer pull. I was thinking of getting all crazy and adding a more esthetically pleasing front but reality check- its a trailer ! Lol.

Since i built the tool chest for my painter, maybe I should get him in there and paint it. Kev recommended i paint it and i think its a great idea. If my painter has time it will be the festool grey amd green.....obviously LOL

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Those are the drawer fronts, that's why i cut the slot to act as a drawer pull. I was thinking of getting all crazy and adding a more esthetically pleasing front but reality check- its a trailer ! Lol.

I know it's just a trailer, but you don't settle for anything less than your best, so I figured you would do something so the screws weren't showing.  

• Like 1

I know it's just a trailer, but you don't settle for anything less than your best, so I figured you would do something so the screws weren't showing.  

Lol thanks Bryan. I thought of using the domino to connect the fronts but didn't end up doing it. I want to get this thing done. Screw are evenly spaced and all sunk to about the same depth so it won't make my ocd go crazy. Maybe ill change my mind but for now I will work with it for a bit and see.

36 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Indeed. And it's work, not hobby... besides "les cordonniers sont toujours les plus mal chaussés" right?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pug said:

Looking good buddy!  I must ask though, why the bosch cms instead of another kapex?  I would imagine cost is the major factor.

What new tools did you get to try with festool rep?

Thanks, Rodger!

The Bosch is just a small 8" saw that will stay in the trailer and I am getting the Ctl-Cys vac to put under it to hook it up to. I often do the after sales service for the homes i build and also am the one who takes care of all the small deficiencies a few days before I meet with clients to hand the keys over. Sometimes there is one little piece of molding to do and this saw is what I will use it for. Also, sometimes my finishing crew is done and gone but there was one piece of molding missing. I wont make my guy come back for that, I will just do it once I receive the molding from my supplier.  For my side jobs I would still bring my Kapex and set it up on site. Kapex does not go to day job jobsite ever.....EVER......NEVER EVER. 

I tired the new Sys lite duo, the HKC 55 and the Dwc 18. All really nice. If my next side job pans out I will end up with all these machines probably before year end. She also showed me the Festool MFT set. There is no release date for it here in NA yet but its coming. It will be a very nice kit to have if you have an MFT. If comes with stops, dogs, quick clamps etc all in a sys 1. 

• Like 1

I give Shane how ever long it takes to get his RK back from sharpening till he cuts veneer for the drawer fronts just for giggles.Wouldn't take much work and it'd cover up the screws.

Lol. Thanks for reminding me. Its still sitting in my shop, forgot to send it in. Oops.

• 4 weeks later...