New guy here!

Bankstick

I live in SE Tennessee and retired seven years ago.  I have nine grandchildren and have fun spoiling them and then sending them home.  I got into turning when I began building custom fishing rods about eight years ago.  I turn the grips and reel inserts.  Right now I'm building a table for my building room and a couple of small things for the shop.  Got some other things but they are not on the to-do list for right now.

Looking forward to learning and exchanging ideas and experience with others on the forums.

Thanks for the welcome!  Yes, I make my grips and reel seat inserts.  There are a myriad of combinations of materials- different cork colors and figuring plus all kinds of wood and synthetic materials.  There is no end to what can be done.  Each rod is one-of-a-kind.

I'm updating my website.  I'll post it if that is within the rules of the website.  Let me know.  If not, I can send it as a PM to anyone who requests it.

BTW, those who are asking for photos of my work, my wife is wanting to see the real thing!  She keeps asking when I am getting a cheap hobby.