Sculpted Bar Stools

pkinneb

Thanks all! I really appreciate all the feedback this is a great community we have here.

14 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Fantastic job Paul! Beautiful pieces. So you really did remake the seat with the domino effect?

I did I used it as test piece for my finish and now it's in the burn bin. I actually have another seat that is fine except it does not look anything like the others not sure what I will do with it but can't bring myself to burn it just yet.

7 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

I actually have another seat that is fine except it does not look anything like the others not sure what I will do with it but can't bring myself to burn it just yet.

Sounds like a trophy to me.  I'd hang it on the wall.  I have little nuggets of things laying all over the place that I can't bring myself to throw away.  Little trips down memory lane.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Thanks all! I really appreciate all the feedback this is a great community we have here.

I did I used it as test piece for my finish and now it's in the burn bin. I actually have another seat that is fine except it does not look anything like the others not sure what I will do with it but can't bring myself to burn it just yet.

I admire your perfectionism, I am making a sculpted rocker and fortunately I did not hit the domino when I sculpted the seat (although I still have more work to do on it) but if I did I am not sure I could bring myself to start a new one!  I would probably router out a strip and put a contrasting piece of wood in there to make it look like I did it intentionally!  Your work looks flawless, I think every piece I have made has a flaw or mistake in it that I had to get creative to correct.  Usually the only person who would know there is a flaw is me!  There certainly are some mistakes that can't be fixed, I had to make a new rear leg on the rocker because I mangled it on the router table and there was no way I could come up with a fix that would hide the mistake!  I tried but finally gave into the fact I had to make another one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...