New shop!

Llama

1 minute ago, Chet K said:

How many square feet is the living space? How many square feet is the shop going to be?

We are finishing the basement, so we will have just under 4,000 sqft total living space. Shop will be right around 800 sqft if my math is right.

dang! 4000 sq ft of living space! sweet!!!

800 sq ft of shop = 20 'x 40', as an average, dammnnnnn!!!! i am jealous!

i am in 11' x 8' space!! :lol:  great looking house! enjoy!!!!

Shop is 30x20 plus 11x14 nook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Chet K said:

Hey Mel, is that a window above the lathe?  If so did you give any thought to putting your Roubo Shaker bench there so you would have the nice nature light on the bench.

No windows in the shop other than the ones on the garage doors, and a window on the door in the nook. I placed the Shaker bench in front of the smaller door so I can open that one when weather permits and I won't be advertising to the nosey neighbors that I have a shop. Maybe they'll see a bench, not my precious. (details on the precious to come)

1 hour ago, Llama said:

Shop is 30x20 plus 11x14 nook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I come up with 754 sq. ft. Give or take, depending on if you have 1/2" or 1/4" rock. And then you take into consideration the view! Awesome dude! 

• Like 1

Beautiful house and a great shop space! I know you'll have a blast getting it all filled up and even more fun using it! After expanding my shop into the adjacent garage I now have pretty much the same space as your new shop. It's just right for me. Not cramped at all - just right. 

Congrats on the new home!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Llama said:

No windows in the shop other than the ones on the garage doors, and a window on the door in the nook. I placed the Shaker bench in front of the smaller door so I can open that one when weather permits and I won't be advertising to the nosey neighbors that I have a shop. Maybe they'll see a bench, not my precious. (details on the precious to come)

Precious = Still in Europe (Austria to be more accurate)!