1400 vs 2200 and FIGHT

socoj2

Not this schmuck again. His opinion is worthless. Anyone who tests something by poking it with a soldering iron is a waste of time. Take nothing that he says as gospel. 

HA yeah he sounds like a real schmuck huh? Dude is clearly in a league none of us will be joining any time. If you can't understand what he was illustrating by "poking at it" that's unfortunate. Sorry he didn't pander to your saw. I'm sure if he said it was tits you would have subscribed to his channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO Tearing apart a saw and talking about the internal components has no value for a woodworker.

Most of us are interested in quality of cut, accuracy, versatility and smooth controls. All you have to do to review a saw is cut wood with it and tell us what you think.

Now if you're reviewing a multimeter, then you should open it and talk about the guts, because the audience will appreciate that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jer32383 said:

HA yeah he sounds like a real schmuck huh? Dude is clearly in a league none of us will be joining any time. If you can't understand what he was illustrating by "poking at it" that's unfortunate. Sorry he didn't pander to your saw. I'm sure if he said it was tits you would have subscribed to his channel.

When this video was first released. There were several people that are engineers that have developed/designed/manufactured woodworking machines that pointed out several flaws in his testing and the fact he wasn't aware of why things are done the way they are.  Also he was flat out wrong in several instances.  If you don't like Festool, that's your choice, but I'm not getting rid of mine anytime soon.  Why?  Cause they work and work very good.  

Soco good choice on the 1400.

• Like 1

He actually does sound like a real schmuck. As far as being in a league of his own, that's laughable. If he was such a wonderful engineer and designer he'd be doing it for a company making things. Anyone can be an armchair engineer if you can find an audience that knows less than you. The saw was designed to perform a function that it performs rather well, and without issue. Secondly, the TS55 is far from $1000. He seems to make a point to be angry at the price, but to not compare the inner workings to a unit that performs the same function at a cheaper price point. His saltiness towards Festool seems to attract the bitter people who can't justify purchasing it because they lack the funds to do so. 

Armchair.... I'm glad you've made a completely uninformed judgement based on the fact that he ruffled your feathers.

That dude has a phd. He's like a manufacturing engineer/trouble shooter for mining equipment/companies. They fly him around the world. He bought your 1000$ saw just to take apart out of curiosity. Some schmuck. Curse him for being grounded and informed.

I mean I have no problem with festool. By today's standards I'm sure it's manufacturing quality is pretty much standard to high. It's still a bit too expensive but they have a limited sales potential so that's going to drive the price up. Normal with most specialized stuff. And with most specialized expensive stuff, you get dudes like you that fly that flag hard.

Missed out on a bunch of festool sanders at an estate sale by seconds, man I was pissed.

41 minutes ago, Jer32383 said:

Curse him for being grounded and informed

Informed partially, but not grounded. He is making his way by talking everything down. Does not matter who made it or if his comments are all completely accurate. I quit watching him before he got to the green tools because his reviews have no value. They were not done in a way to help inform any purchase. They were done to please people who like tearing stuff apart. I did enjoy his stuff until I realized he did not care what he tore apart. It was all negative all the time. 

• Like 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

TLDR: LOL :lol:

• Like 1

Guess who all the tool developers and engineers at DeWalt come to to ask how they work. Guys like me....the dumb guy that doesn't have a phd, just a plumbing license and managing a shop full of tools for a mechanical contractor for the last 20 years. 

You know why? Because outside of what works well in their little controlled enviroment, they couldn't rate a tool if their life depended on it. Give it to a pipefitter to drop off a ladder 10 times a day, run it over with with a rough terrain forklift and throw it on the bottom of a gang box with a 200 pound valve on top...then tell me what works and what don't. That guy in that video is clueless.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jer32383 said:

Don't be a jerk Jer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Janello said:
Guess who all the tool developers and engineers at DeWalt come to to ask how they work. Guys like me....the dumb guy that doesn't have a phd, just a plumbing license and running a shop full of tools for a mechanical contractor for the last 20 years. 

You know why? Because outside of what works well in their little controlled enviroment, they couldn't rate a tool if there life depended on it. Give it to a pipefitter to drop off a ladder 10 times a day, run it over with with a rough terrain forklift and throw it on the bottom of a gang box with a 200 pound valve on top...then tell me what works and what don't. That guy in that video is clueless.

e60c639756ff2c84fa2c688a79603767.jpg

11 hours ago, drzaius said:
Don't be a jerk Jer.

I mean I just posted a video link I wasn't sure if you guys had seen. Didn't know this would be the outcome. I mean the opinions are so blatantly biased It's hard not to be a troll. When somebody hits me with the screw you and the horse you rode in on response instead of continuing a discussion like adults, it's hard not to be a bit of a jerk.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mike. said:

@HuxleyWood I don't own a kapex and don't keep miter saw in my shop (i really don't see the need for making furniture, but I do have an old Bosch I keep in storage for DIY jobs).   I will never buy one (unless I get a much larger shop), but I am curious what well known problem it has. 

Mike

The Kapex problem is there are a lot of motor failures, and to this point, festool has said there really isn't an issue, but it seems to have a higher failure rate. 

8 hours ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

Not this schmuck again. His opinion is worthless. Anyone who tests something by poking it with a soldering iron is a waste of time. Take nothing that he says as gospel. 

lol Worthless?! Hardly. Definitely not the end all be all, but the guy certainly knows a thing or two. Watch some more of his videos. He's hilarious and very knowledgeable. Hates wood though. He's a machinist.

10 minutes ago, ben_r_ said:

lol Worthless?! Hardly. Definitely not the end all be all, but the guy certainly knows a thing or two. Watch some more of his videos. He's hilarious and very knowledgeable. Hates wood though. He's a machinist.

Not a woodworker using the tool.... Worthless
Not a saw designer... Worthless
Not comparing to another saw of the same type... Worthless
I'm gonna go with standard if P -> Q, you can plug in the statements above.

• Like 2