15-20K for shop overhaul. Need ideas and what would you buy?

Cygnus A

Update: I am toying with the idea of doing unboxing/setup videos and blog for everything I buy and transition that into build logs as I develop my new shop. Any interest in such a thing? I may do it just to help me stay organized. I am terrible at organization but showcasing videos and pictures may force me to change my bad habits.

Here is what was delivered today from Festool:

• TS 55 REQ Imp Saw
  • FS 2700/2, 106 inch Guide Rail
  • CT 36 E Dust Extractor 
  • SELFCLEAN Filter Bags SC FIS-CT 36, 5 pcs
  • Universal Cleaning Set (for CT 36)
  • Quick clamps (x4)
  • Parallel guide set
  • Domino XL Joiner DF 700 Set
  • Domino Systainer Assortment TL
  • OF 1400 EQ Imp Plunge Router
  • Guide stop, OF 1400
  • Edge Guide, OF 1400
  • 6" Random Orbit Sander ETS EC150/3
  • LR32 Router Hole Drilling Set

I am planning out my dust collection and I know that can turn into a heated topic, but feel free to throw in your $.02.

Felder/Hammer is still having their 60th anniversary sale, so I am likely going with the Hammer A3-41 J/P. The felder is enticing, but at 4k more I doubt I can justify it. That 20K limit I set for myself looks like it is going to rise :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cygnus A said:

Update: I am toying with the idea of doing unboxing/setup videos and blog for everything I buy and transition that into build logs as I develop my new shop. Any interest in such a thing? I may do it just to help me stay organized. I am terrible at organization but showcasing videos and pictures may force me to change my bad habits.

• TS 55 REQ Imp Saw
  • CT 36 E Dust Extractor 
  • Quick clamps (x4)
  • Parallel guide set
  • Guide stop, OF 1400
  • Edge Guide, OF 1400

I am planning out my dust collection and I know that can turn into a heated topic, but feel free to throw in your $.02.

Felder/Hammer is still having their 60th anniversary sale, so I am likely going with the Hammer A3-41 J/P. The felder is enticing, but at 4k more I doubt I can justify it. That 20K limit I set for myself looks like it is going to rise :(

The A3-41 J/P is going to be an awesome addition. I think the Felder would probably be overkill for 95% on this forum and that 4k would be better allocated elsewhere. Actually, the A3-41 is more tool than most of us could even imagine having in our home shops! 

The A3-41 J/P is going to be an awesome addition. I think the Felder would probably be overkill for 95% on this forum and that 4k would be better allocated elsewhere. Actually, the A3-41 is more tool than most of us could even imagine having in our home shops! 

Lies. :) Don't listen! Get the Felder!!! We can be Felder buddies!!!! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cygnus A said:

• TS 55 REQ Imp Saw
  • CT 36 E Dust Extractor 
  • Quick clamps (x4)
  • Parallel guide set
  • Guide stop, OF 1400
  • Edge Guide, OF 1400

Holy balls. In for a penny, in for ten Grand I guess.

On June 13, 2017 at 6:01 PM, Pug said:

Which forums? Can you provide a link to the thread?

It's in Sawmill Creek under "why should I buy a domino". No details on the build just a lot of Festool bashing!  It's kind of like owning a Harley, most people who bash Harley's don't own Harley's.

• Like 2

It's in Sawmill Creek under "why should I buy a domino". No details on the build just a lot of Festool bashing!  It's kind of like owning a Harley, most people who bash Harley's don't own Harley's.

Hehe!

I'm almost certain that my neighbor spends more time riding in my truck to pick up his Harley from the shop, than actually riding the Harley!

• Like 2