Coffee Table build

pkinneb

18 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I like the two outside boards but the middle one leaves me scratching my head...

Yep me two. This isn't going to work heading out to see what I can come up with. I can use this panel for the two sides they are narrower so I can ditch the middle board. 

• 1 month later...

I don't how I missed the start of this in December but I am here now.  Please don't mark me late. :)

I like Limbert's stuff.  I just  didn't know it was his stuff until I was researching stuff for a project.

I had a similar situation with the top on the media cabinet, one board was a pretty noticeably different in color.  The grain and ray  fleck were great but the color was off.  I don't know how the fuming would work on that.  I was able to work the color to a match with the gel stain I used.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

If the top is from different boards it probably will never be noticed as long as the entire top is made from similar boards.  If I was fuming I would do a practice run on scraps  from both batches of wood just to make sure it reacts the same. 

That's what I was thinking as well Steve. Yeah I will definitely save test scraps from both as well. 

3 hours ago, pkinneb said:

This is probably my second favorite Woodpeckers ruler after the Paolini pocket rule.

I don't have the Paolini so this "is" my favorite Woodpecker tool and I too use center scale all the time.  I am real happy I have it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wdwerker said:

I would have sanded the endgain before glueup. It's looking good !

The panel is still oversized and that will be cut off. Thanks!!

2 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Thanks for the domino stop idea, i'm about to run a bunch for a top slab glueup.

Saw that in a Kevin Rodel video it works pretty good.

1 hour ago, treeslayer said:

I’m late on this one too, looking forward to this build. Nice work so far. 

Thanks! How's your granddaughter doing?

16 hours ago, wdwerker said:

I was thinking of the endgrain on the inside of the square holes. 

Gotcha. I did the ends you will see but not the under sides :o 

7 hours ago, treeslayer said:

I think this says it all!! thanks for asking, and everyone for their thoughts and prayers

That's awesome! Glad to see she is doing well.

• Like 1