Router Bit Storage

..Kev

I like it bud! This idea looks like a couple of your other builds, worthy of being stolen! I noticed your band saw makes a noise like mine just started making, as you release the pressure against the blade. I guess if you’re not concerned, I shouldn’t be either. Looking forward to the next video. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

I like it bud! This idea looks like a couple of your other builds, worthy of being stolen! I noticed your band saw makes a noise like mine just started making, as you release the pressure against the blade. I guess if you’re not concerned, I shouldn’t be either. Looking forward to the next video. 

Thanks Coop.  The noise isn't major, just the guides need a little adjusting.

Good timing on this Kev.  I am in the process of trying to better organize my bits.  I am trying to cull the least used, organize the 1/2, 8mm and1/4.  Come up with a way to keep the cope and stick sets, Leigh sets, collets and wrenches together and organized.  I am having a miserable time coming up with something that is practical, well organized and doesn't look like crap.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Just Bob said:

Good timing on this Kev.  I am in the process of trying to better organize my bits.  I am trying to cull the least used, organize the 1/2, 8mm and1/4.  Come up with a way to keep the cope and stick sets, Leigh sets, collets and wrenches together and organized.  I am having a miserable time coming up with something that is practical, well organized and doesn't look like crap.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. 

Thanks Bob!

Currently, I've left those raised panel bits in their original box.  But, now you've got me thinking..

3 hours ago, Chet said:

Nice work Kev.  Walnut for shop fixtures ;)

It looks like you reduced your DC clear down to 2 1/2 inches on your planer.  How did you decide on that?

It's actually just the bits that I had on hand for the connection..  Seems to work pretty well though.  It's on the list.

As for the material choice, just using what was on hand.

This is timely for me.  I'm thinking about an apothecary cabinet, but I want to make a small one for my daughter so that I can practice dovetails on.  What you're building is exactly what I had envisioned as far as carcass construction.  Looking forward to the rest of this series.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, new2woodwrk said:

Thanks for the video - love learning from people that know what they're doing!

Must be nice to have that kind of wood "laying  around"  - I've got plywood laying aorund myself LOL!

The more you do, the more "nice" scrap you have laying around.

My hardwood dealer actually sold me their entire walnut "shorts" pile that had a lot of garbage in it super cheap..  Like pennies on the dollar.  Works good for small projects and shop furniture.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Woodenskye said:

Kev, looks great, I like that you added the door.  It looks like Montana is a lot colder than Washington, your bundled up in your recent videos more, even with the stove going.

Thanks!  It's colder but, it's a way different kind of cold.  That video started pretty early in the morning when the shop wasn't up to temp yet.  The outside temp was around 0 that morning.