Supermax conveyor stopped

bleedinblue

Honestly communication was so short we didn't get into it.

Next week I'll follow up with them after the new motor is installed and I'll try to figure out why it happened. 

One thing that sticks out is a line in the manual.  Under the trouble shooting there is a section for something like  "conveyor motor oscillates."  My motor always rotated a bit when running, and the motion could have been described as oscillating.  I thought it was normal since the belt ran smoothly and didn't seem to bind. 

Does the motors on your guys' sanders move when running? 

Truth be told after I took the motor off and I thought about it, I don't know HOW it moved since the bracket is solid, but I know the whole motor moved. 

4 hours ago, bleedinblue said:

Honestly communication was so short we didn't get into it.

Next week I'll follow up with them after the new motor is installed and I'll try to figure out why it happened. 

One thing that sticks out is a line in the manual.  Under the trouble shooting there is a section for something like  "conveyor motor oscillates."  My motor always rotated a bit when running, and the motion could have been described as oscillating.  I thought it was normal since the belt ran smoothly and didn't seem to bind. 

Does the motors on your guys' sanders move when running? 

Truth be told after I took the motor off and I thought about it, I don't know HOW it moved since the bracket is solid, but I know the whole motor moved. 

The motor on my 16-32 does this exact thing. I've been meaning to look at it as I'm concerned about this as well. I have been nervous watching that motor move.

@bleedinblue Mine oscillates significantly. It's an older 19-38 model, and I think I bent the conveyor shaft when I moved it onto a new base.  It still runs, although the conveyor's motor struggles more at times. I've been meaning to replace it, but when I contacted Supermax about a replacement part, the customer service guy never got back to me and I just kept using it as is. (It's years out of warranty, so I'm not mad, but I expected they'd want my business for buying replacement parts).

• 2 weeks later...

So this isn't one of my over reactions to so-so customer service?  That actually makes me feel better, lol. 

I'm frustrated, and will never recommend one of their machines to anyone again, but there's not a dang thing I can do about it.  I'm gonna shoot an email to them soon, but I know it's not going to benefit me in the least. 

8 minutes ago, bleedinblue said:

So this isn't one of my over reactions to so-so customer service?  That actually makes me feel better, lol. 

I'm frustrated, and will never recommend one of their machines to anyone again, but there's not a dang thing I can do about it.  I'm gonna shoot an email to them soon, but I know it's not going to benefit me in the least. 

I would make it clear they need to make it right.  Maybe they could give you some extra paper or something.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bleedinblue said:

I would send the email on “Company” letterhead!