Supermax conveyor stopped

bleedinblue

8 hours ago, ZombieMonkey said:

I cannot believe this still has not been resolved. I really hope that they get this taken care of soon. Makes me really hope I don't have any issues with mine or my Laguna bandsaw. Damn that sucks.

I know.  I was very impressed the day I talked to them, I thought it was going to be a quick and easy resolution. 

Who did you buy it through? It might not hurt to reach out to who you bought it through, tell them the whole story. Powermatic gave me a hard time on one thing until i contacted their sales rep through acme and then they bent over backwards to make me happy. Minor thing i wanted a free can of paint to do touch up on my saw.

Either that or dig out your intimidating angry voice and tell them that you won't stop calling until they give you an overnight tracking number for the part over the phone.

I keep thinking back to when I was debating between the Rikon 10-326 and the Laguna bandsaw.  I mentioned on the Guild FB page that customer service was a big deal to me.  Someone in the Laguna camp said "customer service doesn't cut my wood."  You know what else doesn't cut wood?  Broken machines waiting for new parts. 

So I bought my Laguna 16HD about 13 years ago and back then they had a poor reputation for customer service, about a 18 months ago I purchased a 1412 because I had never had an issue with my 16HD. To think that a company would allow this crappy reputation to go on all these years is pathetic and if they didn't have a decent product they would probably be out of business by now. Totally unacceptable and I'm with Chet I would send every email address I could find for employees of Laguna the URL for this thread.

9 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Well that's crappy why couldn't they have just said something!

Exactly.  Instead, March 2nd they clearly said "we have the motor here, it's shipping out today."  Even if on backorder, I'd been much more satisfied had they had just told me.

Been following this thread because I have a few Laguna tools on my wishlist, guess I'll be revising it then. Customer service is a paramount and usually, in this day and age, a deciding factor on a lot of purchases. For me a least. If I'm giving a company hundreds of my hard earned dollars, I would like at the very least a straight answer, and for them to stand behind their product.

I hope you get everything back up and running in the near future, and I hope they actually overnighted the whole bed assembly (with motor included). IF they overnighted it Tuesday, it should arrive today. *Fingers half-lapped*

This is unfortunate and a familiar recurring issue when Laguna is in play.  I can't say Supermax was "always" great because I only talked to them once.  That one time was as good a customer service experience as Lee Valley and other top performers. 

Laguna gets occasional praise for CS and granted, people tend to post bad experiences more than good.  however, Laguna has had recurring fits of poor CS for as long as I can remember.  They really went to town a few years ago and held up their end for a while. 

Then the pendulum swung back and I'm hearing the noise again.  This is the same reason I have never bought from JessEm even though their products are top notch. Hope it ends well.

This morning I received the bed assembly.  I had to come to work, so I didn't have time to open the box...but I'm assuming I'm close to being back in business.  If I can get off work on time tonight I should be able to get the new motor mounted and the table re-calibrated tonight. 

It's going to be an ultimate heartbreak if there is no motor attached to the bed assembly! 

• Like 1