Chest of Drawers

..Kev

3 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Kev, really like the glides. Knowing what you know now, would you use them again? This thing is looking awesome! Thanks for taking the time and sharing. 

Yes, absolutely!  They're more costly but, overall, I like them much better than the side glides.

• Like 1

Undermount glides are a bit pricey but don't be tempted by the cheaper versions !  You definitely want to buy the guide block for drilling the holes too ! The Blum glides have adjustments that really help make aligning the drawer fronts much easier. The cheaper glides usually don't have these adjustments.

Looking great Kev !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wdwerker said:

Undermount glides are a bit pricey but don't be tempted by the cheaper versions !  You definitely want to buy the guide block for drilling the holes too ! The Blum glides have adjustments that really help make aligning the drawer fronts much easier. The cheaper glides usually don't have these adjustments.

Looking great Kev !

Correct!  I bought the guide block for drilling the holes and couldn't imagine doing this without it!  I was able to locate and drill the needed holes in just a couple of minutes.  

Some may question the loss of depth in the drawer to allow for the undermount glide.  Yes, you lose a little depth with the bottom of the drawer being 1/2" up.  But, you gain a little width because you don't have to allow for the side glide.  There's always a tradeoff but, IMO, the undermount is a much better option.

Thanks Steve!

Only one more and this project will be done!

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 1:32 AM, bushwacked said:

Great work as usual kev!!

If I was to build this .. my stuff would be all lined up like this haha. Maybe one day I’ll take a stab at something this big. That glue up did look pretty crazy too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sell yourself short BW!  This really isn't a difficult build, just a series of steps to get to the finish line.  The glue up was a bit nerve racking but, not too bad.  I have no doubt that you could pull off this build.

1 minute ago, Jfitz said:

Looking great!  good work.

How do you like the Q4?

Thanks..  

I've been super happy with it over all.  Lately, I've been having a bit of an issue with the internal breaker but, it's an inexpensive part that I can replace myself..  I just haven't ordered it yet.

9 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Kev, did you have to adjust the bottom of the legs for stability after assembly and if so, how did you do it? 

I didn't but, was concerned that I would have to.  There was some wobble on the shop floor so, I wasn't really sure if it was the floor or the COD.  Once I got it in the house where the floors are flatter, it was pretty spot on.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 11:35 AM, Chet said:

Great project Kev.

Was there any particular reason you decided not to put dust panels in the web frames? 

My next build will be an end table for my wife’s side of the bed. It will have two drawers. What is the advantage of the dust panels? 

On 6/11/2018 at 11:11 PM, wtnhighlander said:

....Also, if you over-stuff your sock drawer, the panel kerps the socks from spilling over into your unmentionables, below.

When I made our bedroom set many years ago I thought why would I need that...10 years later my wife still over fills the drawers and then they won't close which bugs the crap out of me, so I go fix it. So although I wouldn't bother on a night stand I absolutely would not make another dresser without them.

• 3 weeks later...