Glue up squeeze out

I glued up a queen size head board with the back facing down so I could clean out the glue squeeze out on this sized.  I couldn't get to the back size until after the glue up dried.  How do you clean off the squeeze out?  I tried a chisel, but this seemed less than exact and I was concerned I would take a lot of wood wit it.

Thanks.

Brian

I glued up a queen size head board with the back facing down so I could clean out the glue squeeze out on this sized.  I couldn't get to the back size until after the glue up dried.  How do you clean off the squeeze out?  I tried a chisel, but this seemed less than exact and I was concerned I would take a lot of wood wit it.
Thanks.
Brian

Scrapers work really well on glue squeeze out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Rip a 3-4” board to get a 45 degree edge, then cross cut so you have a block about 3” long.  Now use spray adhesive to attach sand paper to the base, and glue it down over the mitered edge. You can get right into that 90 degree corner. The mitered edge makes it easier to see what you are doing, and allows you to sand exactly where you need to. 

I got this note from a guy name trip.

What always astonises me about WTO is just how novice it all is -- from Admins to Mentors, they are all newbs...The most obvious questions?

What was the adhesive? -- some can be softened for removal with water and/or heat.

What is the joinery in question?

How much will be visible to the casual observer?

Can you post a photo of the squeezeout?

What finish will be applied? --- some adhesives will be hidden under some types of finishes...

When was the adhesive applied -- some adhesives can be reversed up to 72hrs...

And the list goes on...

Newbs... Nothing but newbs...

I'll help as best I can...

A photo or two and a few answers will help...

Well Trip, you're right, "who do I think I am coming on this site asking for help."    The answer might be that we can't all be master craftsmen like yourself.  You know I have pity and compassion for anyone in your life.  What a piece of work you must be. 

My prayer for you is that some day you shift your perception of yourself from projected reality to the phenomenal world and begin to see yourself for who you truly are and then choose to change it.  So you don't have to get a dictionary and look up he big words, what I mean in laymen terms is the person who you think you are in projected reality is the persona your brain has created as the person you think you are VS the phenomenal world being the person you really are.  Tough pill to swallow to face yourself in the mirror and see your self for the first time as you really are.

I won't be back here as long as it allows people like you to be a part of this.

Brian

Sorry you got that Brian. I have tremendous respect for the guy. Where he and I differ is that I assumed you already asked those questions since you asked about removal in the way you did. I gave you my go-to. Until that proves problematic in my work flow, I will not chase other answers. Cleanup of glue is one way he has influenced me. Increasing the kinds of glues on hand came as a direct result of comments he made like that. It seems a bit late for that headboard though.