Feet Up Rev 2

MattF

1 hour ago, MattF said:

That was our first trip out in the camper. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Wondering if you had any bugs in your camper that need to be worked out  with it being new and the first time camping with it.  I have tested everything at home and its been just some small things that were a easy fix.  I have been lucky so far.

1 hour ago, mat60 said:

Wondering if you had any bugs in your camper that need to be worked out  with it being new and the first time camping with it.  I have tested everything at home and its been just some small things that were a easy fix.  I have been lucky so far.

This made me chuckle as I remembered back to our first trip with a new 5th wheel we had some years back. My friend we were traveling with calls me on the 2way radio and says you have water pouring out of your 5th wheel I'm like WTH...turned out when they built the unit someone forgot to tighten the band clamp around the clean water fill hose and water was sloshing out of the 40 gallon tank and out the back of the camper :o 

1 hour ago, pkinneb said:

This made me chuckle as I remembered back to our first trip with a new 5th wheel we had some years back. My friend we were traveling with calls me on the 2way radio and says you have water pouring out of your 5th wheel I'm like WTH...turned out when they built the unit someone forgot to tighten the band clamp around the clean water fill hose and water was sloshing out of the 40 gallon tank and out the back of the camper :o 

Well there was one thing I didn't say .  I was looking around in my camper when I first got it and noticed face frame next to the stove was all scratched up. They forgot to finish installing the stove and the gas line was the only thing holding it in but the water seems to be all good. LOL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mat60 said:

The only issue I had was the microwave. It would not heat up my coffee. The convection oven function worked great, but when using as microwave it just sat there and spun the mug. It seemed to be operating correctly, it just would warm anything up. 

Other than that, everything was great. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chet said:

Microwave? Your camping man!  You heat your coffee on the camp fire!  Microwave?

I agree. Was just checking the equipment. At this point I want it fixed because I paid for it. I will probably never use it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mat60 said:

I was wondering if you are a member of any RV forums @MattF..I find them quite helpful because working on campers is a hobby in itself. 

Luckily the R-Pod community is very active online. Very active forums and FB groups. I am not a member of any other online communities for RVs.....yet....Always looking for a good. Any suggestions? 

13 minutes ago, drzaius said:

RV.net is a large forum with lots of very good info. I can only use it in limited amounts though because it's populated by a very vocal minority of know-it-alls. Not near the level of civility that there is here.

I totally agree. I am there allot because its a very active forum and I have learned allot there. I like most of the guys but yes some are not so nice. More so when your new.  

On 4/30/2018 at 10:47 AM, pkinneb said:

Good news is my wife and I just got back from 5 days, all expense paid, in Nassau bad news is I have only put 13 hrs in the shop this month

IMG_3171.JPG.79ca056ced9fe2cd5f3f34f2bce9c043.JPG

Parents own a timeshare there.   Isn't that place sweet?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pkinneb said:

I have to admit it was really nice and much easier to get to from MN then say HI.

I hope you made full use of the attractions there.  Last I heard it was the world's largest open air aquarium.   Pricey, but a really good family vacation spot, got things for all ages. 

3 hours ago, Marmotjr said:

I hope you made full use of the attractions there.  Last I heard it was the world's largest open air aquarium.   Pricey, but a really good family vacation spot, got things for all ages. 

Absolutely! No kids with but you're never to old for a water slide or 8, I tried them all more than once :)

Just walking the property to see all the pools, beach, aquariums and ponds was awesome as well.