Feet Up Rev 2

MattF

34 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Walnut, cherry & maple with smog in the background ? <grin>

Walnut and Cherry with a dual pane window in the background that has moisture caught in it. They were supposed to replace it this weekend but it was pushed back due to Permit problems... Yup. California. 

The smog issue across the LA basin is a lot better than it used to be. What you see where is actually the Marine layer sitting over the port in Long Beach.  It'll be burned off by noon and with my Bushnell 10x50mm binos on my desk, I can usually see Catalina.

IMG_20180504_083529.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brendon_t said:

What you see where is actually the Marine layer sitting over the port in Long Beach.  It'll be burned off by noon and with my Bushnell 10x50mm binos on my desk, I can usually see Catalina.

May Gray and June Gloom is what we called it in San Diego.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Is this an at home chopping block or a corporate chopping block?

Jealous of the window..... I'm deep in a dark corner.

Definitely at home use. I don't think mineral oil would stand up to the number of heads that roll around here.

I'm grateful for the window also.  My team of 3 all sit in one (larger) office on a trading desk so I guess our combined clout gives us a few windows.  It's great until sitting at the computer at 5am half asleep with black windows on two sides of the room. That makes it hard to wake up

• Haha 1

Corporate traders asleep at the chopping block ! Somehow that appeals to me in a twisted sort of fashion. It might take far more than mineral oil to protect that chopping block from such acidic blood.... its late and I've been drinking, surely this is just an elaborate fantasy !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2018 at 5:01 PM, Mick S said:

Thanks! Upper Canyon, Ruidoso NM. 

Went camping in Ruidoso more than a few times on long weekends. I was stationed at Cannon Air Force Base for 4+ years in the lovely (sarcasm) Clovis, New Mexico. Parts of Ruidoso were very picturesque as you can see from the picture.

1 hour ago, Catco said:

Went camping in Ruidoso more than a few times on long weekends. I was stationed at Cannon Air Force Base for 4+ years in the lovely (sarcasm) Clovis, New Mexico. Parts of Ruidoso were very picturesque as you can see from the picture.

Alison's family has had a cabin there since the 70's. It's only about 2 1/2 hours from here, so we head down fairly often. We grew up in west TX oil country - much like Clovis, so Ruidoso was a welcome change. I went to college in Lubbock. We headed to Ruidoso to ski several times a year when we couldn't afford Taos.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got a small drawer glued up for my checker box. Details will be along soon but it is a mahogany base for a stone board. Now sitting on the patio listening to some tunes and smelling the beef ribs cooking. Using oak wine barrel staves for smoke and the smell really nice. Summer is good. 

Also so I need to list the old small bandsaw on Craigslist today. No room since the big Jet showed up. 

FF32894B-7201-46D1-9980-30D557280C8E.jpeg

7077E759-8F21-4D17-8760-179EAC2782F1.jpeg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...