Stickly Coffee Table

Chestnut

4 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Those pictures say so much about you ! TV stand , flower vase, speaker, stand and your new coffee table share a similar esthetic. I heartily approve of the grain choices and knots, sap streaks & inclusions etc that speak to the beauty of real wood. 

Thanks Steve. Things are coming together and I'm really liking it. Grain choice is starting to become 2nd nature and doesn't take as much thought as it used to.

I admit the flower vase was bought

7 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Chestnut, I like your Curly Cherry Lumber. The table looks great too. Did you get any brownie points with the little woman?

Thanks spanky. Got that curly cherry for a steal. $5.50 a BF. The coffee table was aa specific request so yes points earned.

10 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

Beautiful work--I can't believe it was done in six days. I'm lucky if I get closer to six weeks than six months. The cherry and the execution of the Stickley style are both great.

I love the bevel under the top. Is that only 45 degrees? It looks greater than that. 

It is only 45 degrees. Well it might be a couple degrees over. When i hung the track saw track over the edge of the top the end sagged down a little bit but it couldn't ad more than a couple degrees.

6 Days of work in the evenings don't think i spent a full weekend day on it at all.