18th Century Style Kids Workbench

wouldwurker

I'm seeing both sides here. I've bought two sets from them. Both came in oversized boxes and sustained no damage. 

You want a replacement of an item that is not damaged. That's not reasonable to me.

Contrary to popular belief, the customer is not always right. You do have the ability to return it per their website. If they do not issue a replacement for not damaged products (which this is) then return it, and buy it same day. They pass in flight and you have a still new one.

BC makes a great product, and they are machined very well. If you think moving a few inches in a box is going to damage your vices, Get a different one. You are paying a premium for a TOOL, that you don't think can survive the mail. Why pay the premium, if it's not even good enough to survive transport?

Would you return a set of chisels for this? A TV that was delivered with box damage but no issue to the product?

I get that it's annoying, and BC isn't bending over backwards here, but neither are you. Shipping those is expensive. You want a replacement, don't even know that you Need done yet. Why not offer to ship it back on your dime, they return on theirs. Neither at fault, but both parties can amicably share in making it right. 

• Like 1

Don’t believe where this has gone. Brendon shipped me a glide. The cast wheel is massive. The threaded rod also. If they tumbled against each other in the mail, I assume damage not look for it. I cannot believe anyone is telling you to look for damage after metal parts tumbled against each other. That said, they asked, so find it. Photograph it. Ask them what the heck they thought you meant that they offered a box??

• Like 1

Put it together. Find out if it needs to be returned. The wooden parts can be reused on the replacement, if needed, and that’s the most time consuming part. 

Their response was not good, but their point is valid.

It seems like there is a high probability that you’re complaining about nothing. 

7 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

You are paying a premium for a TOOL, that you don't think can survive the mail. Why pay the premium, if it's not even good enough to survive transport?.,....

Would you return a set of chisels for this? 

Are you kidding me?

Yes..it’s a tool   A polished, finely machined tool... with threads and a crisscross designed to run smooth as silk.   We’re not talking about a flint rock tied to a stick.

Tell you what   Buy four expensive new chisels for $200, put them in a shoebox with no packing, and shake vigoriuously for 1500 miles. All, good, right?

3 hours ago, vinnyjojo said:

Are you kidding me?

Yes..it’s a tool   A polished, finely machined tool... with threads and a crisscross designed to run smooth as silk.   We’re not talking about a flint rock tied to a stick.

Tell you what   Buy four expensive new chisels for $200, put them in a shoebox with no packing, and shake vigoriuously for 1500 miles. All, good, right?

Ok. You want to complain. You could have lead with that.

Didn't mean to piss in your Cheerios. Probably best left there.

• 3 weeks later...

Used some tongue and groove offcuts from my ash hardwood floors for the bottom shelf on the bench.  Pairs well with yellow pine.   Actually went through quite a few pieces to make sure the five boards matched and looked nice together.   One out of place cathedral or mismatch in color would’ve drove me bananas.  

8BF41C0C-80FE-4BD1-9AB3-C36877C75D68.jpeg

14BB8725-6EA6-4E87-A26A-39ADDEE9DBC6.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...