RichardA

Bench for my mechanic.

Recommended Posts

That came out nice Rick, well done once again.  The wedges look to be maple, yes?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chet said:

That came out nice Rick, well done once again.  The wedges look to be maple, yes?

Yeah, hard curly maple.

35 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I thought you meant a workbench, but your mechanic better not do any work on that beauty.

His wife will take it from him the minute it hits the house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done my friend, really glad to see you’re back in the shop, now clean the stuff off of that rip fence and get back to work !

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent work Rick I really like it. Hopefully his wife does steal it that's far to nice for a mechanic shop :D.

I'm jealous of that cherry. It has some nice curl and awesome color. What do you use for finish?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, treeslayer said:

Well done my friend, really glad to see you’re back in the shop, now clean the stuff off of that rip fence and get back to work !

That part of the rip fence is for catching small stuff, like  a double square, pencils note pads and any darn thing I might find use for.  So it stays.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Excellent work Rick I really like it. Hopefully his wife does steal it that's far to nice for a mechanic shop :D.

I'm jealous of that cherry. It has some nice curl and awesome color. What do you use for finish?

It's going to be used near a door for shoe and boot removal.  I hit it with 2 coats of Cherry Danish oil, then 3 coats of satin poly, and two coats of Johnson's paste wax. His house interior is rustic, that's the reason for the live edge, to maintain that "rustic" look.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very well done Rick! 

Nothing lives on my fence except my little finger when I rip a piece, with or without a push stick. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K Cooper said:

Very well done Rick! 

Nothing lives on my fence except my little finger when I rip a piece, with or without a push stick. 

No wonder you can't find anything.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the out feed table is rough cut Cherry for a Reptile house for a nurse.  On the wall is Maple for a desk in my house, unless someone with money wants something in Maple.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish the ole boy that cut the curly cherry, could stumble up on one more that good. 

Rick don’t that make three curly cherry benchs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spanky said:

I wish the ole boy that cut the curly cherry, could stumble up on one more that good. 

Rick don’t that make three curly cherry benchs?

Sure does, that's the style he picked out, but now I'm out of Curly Cherry.  Coop just told me he'll be here two weeks from today, so you better hit the shower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 2:57 PM, mat60 said:

Nice work Rick. Love the curly cherry.

Nice to see you on here my friend. Stay in touch, and  thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

  • Forum Statistics

    28205
    Total Topics
    378843
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    21384
    Total Members
    1529
    Most Online
    Rick the Finn
    Newest Member
    Rick the Finn
    Joined