Bench for my mechanic.

RichardA

1 hour ago, Chet said:

That came out nice Rick, well done once again.  The wedges look to be maple, yes?

Yeah, hard curly maple.

35 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I thought you meant a workbench, but your mechanic better not do any work on that beauty.

His wife will take it from him the minute it hits the house.

1 hour ago, treeslayer said:

Well done my friend, really glad to see you’re back in the shop, now clean the stuff off of that rip fence and get back to work !

That part of the rip fence is for catching small stuff, like  a double square, pencils note pads and any darn thing I might find use for.  So it stays.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Excellent work Rick I really like it. Hopefully his wife does steal it that's far to nice for a mechanic shop :D.

I'm jealous of that cherry. It has some nice curl and awesome color. What do you use for finish?

It's going to be used near a door for shoe and boot removal.  I hit it with 2 coats of Cherry Danish oil, then 3 coats of satin poly, and two coats of Johnson's paste wax. His house interior is rustic, that's the reason for the live edge, to maintain that "rustic" look.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

I wish the ole boy that cut the curly cherry, could stumble up on one more that good. 

Rick don’t that make three curly cherry benchs?

Sure does, that's the style he picked out, but now I'm out of Curly Cherry.  Coop just told me he'll be here two weeks from today, so you better hit the shower.