Sign in to follow this  
curlyoak

Walnut office furniture

Great work! I love book matched panels. Walnut is a wonderful wood to work with. I'm interested to see what it looks like all finished up.

The 2 holes in the bottom will be concealed. The face leaves 1/4" lip. That will conceal 1/4" ply. A hiding place.

Thank you all for the nice comments. It gives me confidence. Especially coming from exceptional craftsmen. I tried to talk the client into figured panels but money got in the way. 

Dealing with the hardware is a wrestling match. Especially the bottom drawers. Years ago I would repair or replace hardware on existing furniture. It was work from the face only. I can't do that anymore. I need the top off and no back, now.

1 hour ago, Bmac said:

Love the drawer fronts, great job with matching the grain. Can't wait to see it with a finish on it.

I would have liked 12" wide boards for one piece drawer fronts.  I want to see the grain too. But I must be patient. A lot more work until the finishing...

1 hour ago, Chet said:

Great work.  I always like it when it works out to have the grain continue across drawer fronts.

Me too I like the grain to continue. The choices were limited, but I am happy with the wood.

Next is bench work for the shelves and tops. Much easier on me than the up and down work of installing flush drawers. Each drawer goes in and out so many times. Many adjustments and lots of trial and too many errors. But that is done and on to bench work! 

7 hours ago, curlyoak said:

Much easier on me than the up and down work of installing flush drawers. Each drawer goes in and out so many times.

Next cabinet I build will first have a set of knee-height horses made for it, just for that reason. 

• Like 2