Entry hall table for a niece

derekcohen

Derik, beautiful dt’s. I believe a while back that you went into detail regarding the kerfing chisel but I wouldn’t know where to start looking. I seem to recall that you made this yourself? Would you mind posting a pic of the profile of this chisel and or provide a link to your previous mention? Thanks

Ahha .. a lapped dovetail is a half-blind dovetail. I forgot that this is the name used in the UK.

Is the lipped- and half-blind/lapped dovetail different?  The lipped dovetail is a half-blind with a lip. The lip makes it more complicated since it restricts how much can be sawn, which affects how the waste is removed. The joint also requires extra preparation at the start, with rebates being created at each side (and sometimes on all four sides). So, short answer, they are similar, but the lipped is more complex.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Great video Derek! And given that it was real time, it also illustrates to us how labor intensive this project is. The only problem I see is that when you go to push the center drawer close, the outer drawers will push out due to air pressure! :D  I also didn’t know that you had a website. Thanks for sharing. 

Everything about your work inspires and impressed me Derek, another beautiful piece, the level of detail is amazing, I think only woodworkers can appreciate the level of skill it took to make this piece but anyone can see the beauty of it, very well done sir!

• Like 2

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 58 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    rojmwq4e
    Newest Member
    rojmwq4e