Mark J

“Offering”

Always like your journals Mark, pushing the limits on what can be done with wood is an inspiration for the rest of us mere mortals and I always learn lots of new things, looking forward to this one for sure

• Like 2

Interested in following this, I'm not really sure how you are getting there but I'm in!

• Like 1

Definitely following this! I’m going to have to read this again when I’m fresh so I can take it all in. 

I like the router sled thing. Very neat idea. 

Not that I would ever be able to do something like this, but I'm following as well.

Love to see the process to create something like this and am definitely stealing some of the jig ideas.

One, I don’t understand it, two, I could never dream that up and three, there’s no way I’d ever attempt it. But You’ve done all three and looks darn good so far! 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I'm gonna stick to furniture.....

Come on Nut, you got a lathe now, lets see some stuff.

Awesome stuff Mark!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bmac said:

Come on Nut, you got a lathe now, lets see some stuff.

I think we can mark this moment when @Chestnut saw his amazing productivity in the workshop plunge to zero...

Looks amazing so far, Mark!

• Haha 1

Really enjoyed walking through that process with you. Thanks for showing so many pics and giving such a good dialogue. Can't wait to see the final pics!

Wow that is incredibly beautiful. Each part is impressive but they way you get them to come together so perfectly makes the completed piece amazing. I could stare at this for a while.

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your kind remarks.  It's very encouraging.  

2 hours ago, Bmac said:

Really enjoyed walking through that process with you. Thanks for showing so many pics and giving such a good dialogue....

Thank you folks for following.  I was worried this would be too long and too much detail.

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

... Even after seeing your initial drawings, I could not imagine how to create that on the lathe....

We had that in common.  There were lots of "well now how in the heck am I going to get from here to there" momments.  I usually sleep on a problem like that which might explain why this took so many months.  

• Like 2