FWW / Epic Woodworking Shaker Chest of Drawers

mdbuilder

You are doing a great job on the Chest of Drawers!  Don't be so hard on yourself, a little bit of sawdust, (which it looks from the pics that you may have a little of that around :)) and some ca glue, and you are in business!  You have done a much better job than I could do at this point!  Keep up the good work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I sawed the tails and removed most of the waste on the long front board this morning. Tonight I'll chisel to the base line  and do the pins on the front of the side boards. Might get to the template I need to mark out the arches on all 4 base pieces for band sawing out the waste. The big knot on the back board is in the waste for instance:) 

• Like 1

The base is now glued to the case at the front and front of the side. The rear side blocks and rear blocks get screws of course. Cross grain posts are in. 

Cleaning up the dovetails was a work holding challenge but my leg vise + sliding leg vise grabbed the 40" wide assemblyB)

PXL_20210731_202532978.jpg

PXL_20210731_205406108.jpg

PXL_20210731_210324868.jpg

PXL_20210731_221818882.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/31/2021 at 10:43 PM, wtnhighlander said:

That double vise setup looks mighty handy for a situation like that!

Yep, I am pretty happy with it. When I built the bench I made the sliding leg vise and a sliding Deadman. You can remove both or leave em installed. I actually use the vise much more often than the Deadman, it is like a twin screw but far more flexible.

Cheap to, the vise screws are $45. Might have been less than $30 10 years ago when I built it :blink:

• Like 1