Rechargeable Batteries

Chet

Eneloop all the way. I have some that have been in service for over 10 years now. Tried some other brands but none have performed as well or had the total life of my eneloops. 
At one point I cheaped out and got some Amazon Basics rechargeable AA but they wouldn’t take a charge after a couple years. 

Just looked, my first Eneloop purchase was in 2016 and they're still going strong. My biggest issue is my wife putting them in something and not remembering what. I make sure to look in the battery compartment of anything we get rid of just to make sure there aren't any Envelops in it.

• Like 2

I always check the kids old toys before making a goodwill donation. 

The only eneloops I’ve had go bad were in something (not weather resistant) that got left outside in the rain/snow/heat for well over a year before being rediscovered. I’ve lost some over the years my accidentally throwing/giving them away and had a couple things stolen that had eneloops in them.

My oldest Amazon purchase was in 2013 but I had been given some a couple years before that. 

I’ve had some other brand name rechargeables and they have not performed or lasted like the eneloops. Duracell rechargeables were just relabeled eneloops for a while, but I don’t know if that’s still the case. 

I like lithium batteries best. Now that aa and aaa energizers have had large price increases It will make sense to use lithium rechargeable. They are available but I don't know which is the best one. This thread has inspired me to look into rechargeable lithium. All the other battery chemistries is second to lithium. I have had some experiences with lithium as I did ride an electric recumbent bike. For my purposes I think lithium iron or LIFePO4. They are the safest. 

Rechargeable lithium AA batteries are not the same chemistry as disposable lithium AA batteries. Disposable lithium AA batteries are great for long term storage, long life, and for extreme temperature operations. Rechargeable lithium (Li-ion) have some pros over NiMH for AA/AAA applications but for a lot of household needs the cost difference easily outweighs any benefit that would be realized. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1