hurt myself tonight

seeing a doctor tomorrow at least its in the pinky so if its weakened for good the worst I can expect is not drinking tea like a gentleman. why did you wait for the season to get over? forget the game my health comes first. 

In hindsight, I should have gone in earlier. But, I can't change the past now :)

I got the edge of my thumb in the table saw a few years ago. The physical healing only took a couple of weeks, but the mental healing is still going on. Sometimes you have to make a stupid mistake to really shock you into the reality of what can happen when you get stupid. You just hope it's not the loss of some digits to wake you up. Good Luck on your recovery!!!!!

Sorry that happened, Duck.  But s#*t happens, life goes on, coulda been worse, lesson learned...all that.

Anyway, if you weren't bummed out before, you will be now...

I think s$#% happens pertains to getting a flat on the way to work or you dog pukes in your shoes on the way to church almost cutting off a finger is a more extreme cuss word like blink 182 cussing song warning does contain lots of bad words do not listen around kids, parents, wife, friends dog or any other living organism https://www.google.com/#gs_rn=15&gs_ri=psy-ab&tok=jUlykOpc0Zc04K31CCRNJQ&suggest=p&pq=song%20about%20cussing&cp=13&gs_id=1r&xhr=t&q=blink+182+cussing+song&es_nrs=true&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=blink+182+cus&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=5f703260d0194114&biw=1280&bih=832

I'm sorry to hear of the injury.

I have been in aerospace for over 30 years, we have been using a device like this for much longer than I have been in the industry. I have never heard of anyone getting hurt on a band saw while using one of these. This one is shop built and could easily be made of wood. Some times there are notches cut on the inside of the tool for work that fits inside the V.

I'm sorry my first post did not come in time to prevent an injury but perhaps this will help in the future.

OH, yes I am a metal worker but I have just started playing around with this soft material people call wood LOL!

:P

post-14128-0-04431500-1370271434_thumb.j

well im glad it helped you but if you don't mind I wish I could have taught the lesson in a different way :)

trust me the 10-20 bucks for a new blade is a hell of a lot cheaper then surgery and all the doctors. remember the force you put into it has to come out somewhere so the harder you push the more it springs out at ya.

You ought to volunteer for an AFLAC commercial ! Duck gets hurt in the woodshop.......AFLAAAAACCC WHACK

Glad to hear you re-gained motion. I slipped and whacked a finger with a hammer Friday and it is still sore this morning but that doesn't hold a candle to what you are going through.

What did the shop teacher and students have to say about your accident? Hopefully they will learn from your mistake.

• Like 1