Chest of drawers

shaneymack

I feel like I have prima nocta with this COD. :D

Looking great man.  I like the small drawer prototypes...just need to work on the proportions.  I think you're on to a winner though.

I hope the prima nocta you feel entitled to is not with me. If thats the case, you can have your design back!!

I like the idea of the single support post  for the upper drawers but i cant get the middle thin enough to look good. If i go too thin i will eat away at the entire support. I will try another prototype design tonight and post some pics. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

What if you tapered that piece as it comes across the handle?  So, would have the appearance of being thinner on the front but, still have the mounting size you want.  Just a thought..

I could be misunderstanding what you are saying, but the handle is already tapered towards the middle on all 4 sides. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Another option: scratch my originals altogether and use only your single mount pulls...one each for the small drawers, two each for the large drawers, all lined up top to bottom.  Could work, could look ridiculous.  Just a thought...

Thats is a cool idea but with the central drawer slide i want to have a central handle. It is a smoother close when pushed from the middle. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Shane, how about an inverse of the large handles and do a mortise and tenon, this would allow you to thin the middle and still have contrasting standoffs with a single post. You could use a 1/4" router bit, and square the corners with a small chisel. 

Don't mind the 10 second sketch on an envelope. 

f1de5a6df3880455e1e1e9729fb21c28.jpg 

Edited by Tom Cancelleri

So do the opposite of whats there? That might look good. Id have to try one to see. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I had to add the text since i didn't want to type it on my phone

Shane, how about an inverse of the large handles and do a mortise and tenon, this would allow you to thin the middle and still have contrasting standoffs with a single post. You could use a 1/4" router bit, and square the corners with a small chisel. 

Don't mind the 10 second sketch on an envelope.  

I had to add the text since i didn't want to type it on my phone

Its not a bad idea Tom. I have one glued up that i will shape tonight to see if i like it. If not, i might try this. I will post pics of my prototype this evening hopefully and you guys can weigh in. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I love everything you are doing on this build.

Thanks Cliff, much appreciated! The little time i have had in the shop since the last update has been spent sanding. A few hours left of sanding and then finish and i should have some finished pictures of this thing up soon! Im looking forward to moving onto something else! Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk