Chest of drawers

shaneymack

Amazing finished product!  Now put in your daughters room so she can cover it stickers!  ;)

Thanks Rodger. Thats funny. My girls always come in my shop and ask me for pieces of tape. Later i find pieces of green tape all over the walls in their room. So cute. I won't find it very cute if they put tape or stickers on the chest of drawers though!

I don't know what it takes to be a Mentor, but I think Shane qualifies, he being a maker of great pieces covering a wide range of techniques and tools, and  always willing to share his expertise, taking the time to do so.

LOL. Thanks Daniel your a real sweet guy! Not sure i fit the bill but its nice of you to say that.

• Like 1

Absolutely gorgeous Shane.  Awesome work.  You paid attention to the little things and took the time to get all the details right.  That doesn't go unnoticed around here, even though it probably will in your daughter's room, at least until she gets old enough and you can show her this thread :)

Again, great job man.  Don't forget the in situ photo once you get it in her room!

Edited by bgreenb

Absolutely gorgeous Shane.  Awesome work.  You paid attention to the little things and took the time to get all the details right.  That doesn't go unnoticed around here, even though it probably will in your daughter's room, at least until she gets old enough and you can show her this thread :)

Again, great job man.  Don't forget the in situ photo once you get it in her room!

Thanks man! I will definitely post some final pics after the lacquer and the pulls are on. 

• 3 weeks later...

Man..That looks great Shane.I really like the stile

Tremendous work Shane!

Looks terrific, Shane! The pulls are an especially nice touch.

Bravo ! 

Did you sign it and date it ? I like to personalize it with a note to the recipient .

Very, very nice man.  Beautifully executed.

All I can say is Outstanding Shane!!!

Yes Steve I wrote a note to my daughter on one of the drawer backs in sharpie and lacquered over it.

Ross those are the same pulls as Erics nightstands, he gets the credit for that !

Thanks very much guys! I am really happy with it. My daughter is very happy as well. I bought her a little step stool to be able to get into the top drawers without climbing on the handles. 

Really happy this build is over. It was tough as I started it just after we had our fourth child. With a newborn in the house I just couldn't seem to muster up the energy to get out there very often. Now that the baby is getting older and sleeping well, i am less exhausted all the time which will mean more evenings in the shop after the kids go to bed. :)

• Like 2

Unreal man. Still can't get over the bookmatched drawer bottoms. Literally nothing to improve on here. 

Rocker has a lot to live up to!

Thats sweet of you Brian, thanks man.

I actually think I will do a better and faster job with less mistakes than I did with the chest of drawers. I was kinda working on that thing like a zombie half the time. You had a newborn at the same time, you know what I mean. Anyways, I feel more like myself these days and when im in the shop im really in the zone. 

• Like 1