New plane ordered! Received! BCTW content

Llama

I didn't even know i needed this. This forum is a terrible place to hang out..

You don't need this.

Man, those BCT planes sure are purty! I hate to think what they might cost when fully accessorized.

At around $140 for each profile, plus another $150 or so for the fence... It can add up quickly. This is why I'm attacking the profiles next year. I'm thinking one a month or something manageable. There isn't many more hand tools I need, so I decided to take the dip and get my feet wet. :) 

I have a couple of these, to use with the different profiles and for doing tapered sliding dovetails....you will not be disappointed.  I will caution you, this is not a plane body where you only buy one....that's what I started with and then the next profile order included another one.  

I've been told that. I'm all for it :)

I am trying to make a list of the profiles I need to get first. Although I eventually want them all, I have to start somewhere. The form factor of the smaller convertible planes make them very appealing. 

I have the HP-9 on order, and currently have an HP-10 in the shop. I'm sure this list will continue to grow as these planes are simply perfect in every way. I am looking forward to more profiles for the HP-10 as well. Perhaps a T&G kit, and the shoulder plane attachment that has been on the hit list since the plane was released.

In case you missed the pics, here's the HP-10 I have. 

11233102_10207742700993689_2225222498651

I remember saying a few years ago on this forum that if LN came out with a bronze stanley #45, I'd be in trouble. Well, seems that I'm already in for it. I have already purchased a profile for the HP-6FX plane. I can see a few more making their way to my shop in early January as I've got a line on a couple new in box profiles a friend has. I am looking forward to getting this plane in the shop, and making some shavings!