Saw Blade Damaged Tooth

My week old Forest WW II has a damaged tooth picture below. It is completely missing. I know i should get this repaired but is it possible to use a blade with a broken tooth? Is it dangerous? I'm not going to use it but had i not discovered it and put it in and ran it.

My main question is, where would someone get this repaired?

12794321_10100937368418309_5555433815889

Forrest can fix it with no problem.  They probably even list the price online somewhere for replacing a tooth.  It's really no big deal.

Here you go.  Eight bucks to replace a tooth.  If it really was a defect, which I've never heard of from them, I'm sure they'll replace it.  I wouldn't argue over 8 dollars though.   http://www.forrestblades.com/forrest-factory-carbide-saw-blade-sharpening.html

It's $20 for sharpening $8 for tooth replacement and then $12 for return shipping so over half the total blade cost. Just looked on their website.

Yeah not a big deal i guess but still i wish they could replace the tooth with out having to sharpen in. For a blade with 1 cut on it i kinda wish i could just use it some.

Try it.  It's not a glue line rip blade anyway.  Put it on the saw, turn the saw on, and push your hand down on the table to see if there is any vibration to amount to anything.  If none unusual, I'd use it.

I used a blade identical to that to run 10,000 lineal feet of Cypress with it cutting the sapwood off by eye.  It was not possible to feed the boards too fast with it. 

The guy that sharpens my blades is way out in the boonies, and I was there yesterday picking up 2 blades I'd dropped off, and he was brazing new carbide teeth on a blade that the tree folks use around here.  Any place that sharpens blades should be able to repair it, and re shape the carbide to match the teeth already on the blade.   The phone book and google are your friends!

Well nothing more flew off of it and it didn't vibrate terribly. I then ripped a sliver off of a 2x8 and it came out smooth so maybe I'll just run with it for a bit. Just wanted to make sure that there wasn't some huge hidden danger that i just couldn't see.

@RichardA I didn't know if i had to send it back specifically to Forest for tooth repair or if i could take it to my local sharpener. I have someone local that is a freud authorized sharpener (I don't know if that is worth beans) but all the locals trust him so i'll see what he has to say about it.

3 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Well nothing more flew off of it and it didn't vibrate terribly. I then ripped a sliver off of a 2x8 and it came out smooth so maybe I'll just run with it for a bit. Just wanted to make sure that there wasn't some huge hidden danger that i just couldn't see.

@RichardA I didn't know if i had to send it back specifically to Forest for tooth repair or if i could take it to my local sharpener. I have someone local that is a freud authorized sharpener (I don't know if that is worth beans) but all the locals trust him so i'll see what he has to say about it.

That's the least expensive way and the smartest,  why take a chance.  Brazing a tooth on is very easy, the reshaping could waste about 5 or 10 minutes..   Even though the blade cut, it's a tad out of balance, get it repaired, and be safe!

I ran the cost benefit and talked to a couple woodworkers at Acme Tools and they both had been in my shoes as well and said their blade repair and sharpening service was good. So I'm giving it a shot. It came out to $14 instead of ~$50 at Forest with shipping on my own dime, obviously, to them. In a month I'll post back to see how it went. I marked the tooth location with a marker so i know which one was repaired.

• 2 months later...

I just got the forrest WW II back from sharpening and tooth repair yesterday. I mounted it on the saw just now because i had to cut through some thick stock to make feet. On inspection i couldn't find the damaged tooth, it wasn't until i found my sharpie mark that i could see the very slight difference between the rest of the teeth. My PM1000 handled 2.5" of oak with the blade and didn't bog so I'd say that the sharpening was successful as well. So if you live near an acme and need your blades sharpened they are an affordable alternative to sending them to the manufacturer.

34 minutes ago, mkrusen said:

Man I miss living in Fargo and being close to Acme. Great place. Glad to hear your blade situation worked out well.

They are expanding, but yes i really enjoy that store.It's like harbor freight except good tools.