New Shop (Soon?)

freedhardwoods

I had most of the day to work on the shop yesterday. Most of that time was finishing the second sliding door. When I ran the wiring, I left the wires hanging at the breaker box. I hooked up the new wires and combined a couple old circuits while the box was still hot, but with the breakers off. (probably not the approved method :unsure:).

Too little, too late, but I bet a water based sanding sealer might have served you better as the first coat. Still, I'm sure the second coat will improve your outlook;). This sucker's looking great freed! I still remember the pics of when you scraped the sod off of the base. You've come a helluva long way man!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, freedhardwoods said:

Got any pics or a thread on your build?

I have a few but I am not a good picture taker.  I'll try and take some pictures later tonight and post them.  It's not much right now, just four walls and some dust collection.  Hoping to finally get started on cabinets and such next week.

I have a similar foil on the ceiling of my 1-car shop. It's decent stuff, but I'm not a fan of the light and look. Of course mine is on an 8 foot ceiling, much more noticeable than your installation.

Impressive work Freed, I've been popping in occasionally, but never have anything to say other than jealousy ;).

• Like 1

I delivered some face frame stock to a cabinet shop in Kentucky yesterday. On the way home I picked up the saw I bought. I am starting another thread on stocking my shop with tools.

I won't have big or fancy tools, but maybe another beginner might get an idea to help them.

http://www.woodtalkonline.com/topic/25111-stocking-my-shop-with-tools/

I am really busy at work lately. Probably won't get much done on the shop for a few days.

• Like 1

On February 13, 2017 at 7:29 PM, freedhardwoods said:

Got any pics or a thread on your build?

Freed it took about a week longer but I remembered to take a few pictures of my shop...  It's nothing fancy but I put them in their own thread so they wouldn't get lost so others can see my horrid craftsmanship!

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got a couple days to work on my shop. I finished the ceiling and got the lights up. I am going to call the building done. Now I can work on getting tools set up. Still pretty busy at work, so it might take a little while.

Home depot didn't help too much. I bought the lights and bulbs at the same time a couple months ago.They sold me the wrong bulbs. :angry:

Hopefully, I'll be working on my first project soon!

123.jpg

• Like 1