$99 Festool Sander

AstroDave

Eric, .  As you stated this is a forum. It is limited to the written word. The other members cannot detect any voice inflection, body language or any other visual aid in determining your attitude. By your own admission "you have been hearing it all your life". Not wanting to hi-jack this thread, but you, to me, come across as very grumpy on many occasions. You express way more than your opinions.......lighten up....

15 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Yeah, my Powermatic PJ-882HH is a bad mofo.  No problems with it.  Yet.

Also my Grizzly table saw has performed amazingly well all the years I've owned it.  G0690

My lathe is great (also Powermatic) but it doesn't get much use.

Festool OF1400 and Domino 500, I love both.

Every Lie Nielsen and most of my Veritas tools.  My Auriou rasps and my Matsumura Japanese chisels.  My Blue Spruce marking knives, and my few Glen Drake toys.

I like my workbench.  I built that.

I like most of the furniture I've built.  A few duds here and there.

I like my family and friends.  I've been enjoying my bikes lately.  I like working in my yard.  I'm going backpacking in a couple weeks...I'm gonna like that.  Also having a party at my house next weekend and I'm sure I'll like that.

Shall I go on?

Why is it people try to label you as negative or a pessimist or whatever, when you point out the reality of a situation?  I've been hearing that crap my entire life.  Doesn't bother me.  People can go on living their lives with the wool pulled over their eyes...see if I care.  I'm definitely a cynic, but I am not a pessimist.  I look at things objectively.  Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad...but either way I'm not gonna lie to myself or anyone else.

Now you are just showing off!

I'm light.  You should try not to get offended so easily.  I expressed only my opinion and nothing else.  If you don't like the way I did it, sorry.  The next time you have an opinion about something I'll be sure to let you know you're out of line.  Lighten up.

2 minutes ago, Klappco said:

I ordered one. Will be my first Festool product.

Now I'm waiting for release of the new $399 Domino. I'm sure they will do it. As George Costanza said, "if you believe it it's not a lie."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It'll be 1" smaller so, just be prepared ;)

14 minutes ago, Klappco said:

I ordered one. Will be my first Festool product.

Now I'm waiting for release of the new $399 Domino. I'm sure they will do it. As George Costanza said, "if you believe it it's not a lie."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another one bites the dust, send the bills to Shane!

Had to chime in on this one. The 5 inch is usually a 2 mm stroke, so finer sanding than the 3 mm stroke offered by the 6 inch machines festool offer. If I was in the states  I would snap it up because I would be purchasing a plugit lead, a systainer AND a machine for basically $49! The systainer in Australia is close to $100 on its own!

What is with you @Eric. and the reaction to this thread? I don't get it. Surely we can afford a bit of festool frenzy at this ridiculous price?

Had to chime in on this one. The 5 inch is usually a 2 mm stroke, so finer sanding than the 3 mm stroke offered by the 6 inch machines festool offer. If I was in the states  I would snap it up because I would be purchasing a plugit lead, a systainer AND a machine for basically $49! The systainer in Australia is close to $100 on its own!

And don't forget you get a 50$ voucher! Think I've convinced the wife, I'm buying 5 or 10 of these.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

LOL

Just when I'm convinced that I was being ridiculous, a new contender emerges.  Congrats, Shane, I hand you the title.

Yeah I was probably a little intense about the whole thing.  Sorry.  Had a bad day.  I'm still right.

Hahahaa!! Ya you're ridiculous alright. I guess I am as well. Hug. Glad we always end these with a hug buddy.

I will hold on to nine of them and sell them in a year on the FOG for like 900$ each. Some nutcase that collects systainers and doesn't actually do anything with them will snatch it up in a jiffy. Maybe I'm not that ridiculous !!

I don't use Festool discs, or Festool anything for that matter, but I doubt I get much more than 15 min out of a coarse disc, lots less for the finer grits. That's with Klingspor discs, which are pretty good.

I sanded a 5 tread oak staircase this week. It was never finished and was used for 18 years. You can imagine how nasty it was. I used 4 different festool sanders. I only used 2 pieces of 40 grit and one 80 of the lower grits. The 80 grit is still cutting. The two 40's I tossed. Granat paper lasts forever.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eric. said:

LOL

Just when I'm convinced that I was being ridiculous, a new contender emerges.  Congrats, Shane, I hand you the title.

Yeah I was probably a little intense about the whole thing.  Sorry.  Had a bad day.  I'm still right. :)

23 minutes ago, Eric. said:

LOL

Yeah I was probably a little intense about the whole thing.  Sorry.  Had a bad day.  I'm still right. :)

I Love your posts @Eric., just a bit surprised. I understand we all have bad days, didn't mean to flame you. All good.

30 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

And don't forget you get a 50$ voucher! Think I've convinced the wife, I'm buying 5 or 10 of these.

I subtracted the voucher to give a total cost of $49, madness at that price.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eric. said:

LOL

And being 'right' is very important!  I send a 'hug' along as well.....