Barrister Bookcase

cstandi1

That came out looking great, very nice job.  I had thought about doing some kind of stained glass in mine Barrister bookcase but decided to go with a glass that looked like old glass from the late 1800's.  At least you gave me the opportunity to see what it would have looked like.

Well done!

6 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Absolutely agree, that looks great! Was there much of an investment to get started with the stained glass?

A little over $300 including glass. I did over estimate by a fair bit on the lead and zinc. If you already have solder equipment that would save a bit too. Probably could get going for a bit less if you are judicious about which tools you buy. I highly recommend this video if you are interested in trying it. http://www.shopwoodworking.com/make-a-leaded-glass-door-video-download 

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind comments from everyone. 

9 hours ago, shaneymack said:

This turned out great. I love the stained glass!

Looks even cooler under the , "l'art de menuisier" prints!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

New York Public Library has high resolution scans and I thought those plates would make some great decorations.

cstadi1,

I assume you used mahogany plywood where plywood was called for?  I really like the understated presence of the piece.  Using the same wood and the dark finish...nice vision.  When I get around to doing this one I will be using the same wood as well.  The mahogany looks great.

10 hours ago, sjeff70 said:

cstadi1,

I assume you used mahogany plywood where plywood was called for?  I really like the understated presence of the piece.  Using the same wood and the dark finish...nice vision.  When I get around to doing this one I will be using the same wood as well.  The mahogany looks great.

I did, there was a slight color difference since the mahogany plywood may or may not have been Honduran mahogany, the website I ordered them from didn't specify. But once the shellac and wax was applied it was more even. Plus books cover the plywood for the most part.