It has begun. (Roubo No.438271)

Denette

Yesterday I used the spax screws to attach the slabs, and got the hole for the dog closest to the tail vise worked out through the top of the leg.

Today, in one afternoon, I got this far on the changing table for the baby room:

38e12555aa55655c704dc71f42e7a713.jpg

It's white oak with a cherry strip in the top, and with ash legs made from leftovers from the 8/4 I used on the bench.

Having that bench and tail vise cut my work time in half. Such an awesome tool!

• Like 2

Denette, are you one of those people who needs only a couple hours' sleep a night? Because damn, son, your output is putting the rest of us to shame. Or at least putting me to shame. :)

I especially love the bench pic with the key light behind it. It perfectly captures what making things with wood is all about.

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words! I teach, and so I'm on spring break this week. But I spent over a month on the Roubo and it's still not done - no shelf, no leg vise, no deadman. But I'm using it as is for now because I really have to get other things done for now!

A month? That's not exactly slow... You built the entire bench in the time it took me to mostly make the legs. I'm at 5 months on mine and counting...