Felder AD941

Llama

57 minutes ago, Llama said:

Yes... it wasn't offered when I bought the machine, so I didn't know about it lol. Probably costs a lot.

Sneak peak of some video I'm making for this machine:

That's a simple but great feature to eliminate the potential wasted space if it didn't fold.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Woodenskye said:

That's a simple but great feature to eliminate the potential wasted space if it didn't fold.

They recommend 500mm... Which is close to 20" in freedom units :)

The fence slides so smoothly! The tilt adjustment is amazing too! I might actually use that function on a jointer lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Eric. said:

And PM.  And Laguna :) Surprised the Felder didn't come with some kind of protection.  I guess for that money it should be impervious to rust.

PS I hate you.

The tables were wrapped in some anti-rusting super paper... not a spec of rust on it. They has s very light coating of oil I cleaned off, then waxed with Ren wax. :) 

I don't mind the hate. I've earned it this time :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Llama said:

Honestly, two reasons...

The money I had set aside for the saw I wanted got used up because we were paying rent on a place we weren't staying in because our house was done early. They couldn't rent it out, so we had to pay... three months at CO prices.... = little money for a saw... Add that to the grand I paid to run a sub panel and get power run to these machines... you guessed it... 

Second reason... The more I thought about it, the less value I put in having a "high end" tablesaw. I did fine without it on the last two projects I had, but recognize there are things I need a tablesaw for. So, sticking 4K in a saw that gets me very little more than the one I bought for a grand made little sense.

I will at some point buy a sliding saw. There are a whole 'nother set of reasons for that.. I'll keep quiet on that for now.

So, all in all aside from the name on the side of the tool I don't see the same disparity as it may seem at first. If I bought a SS, nobody would question it. Not saying the Grizz is as good as a PM or SS... but for the things I need a TS to do... I'm have more than covered my bases.

That does make sense and if I remember correctly you did buy the Felder several months ago. I did not mean for you to get into that much detail, I was really just curious. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bglenden said:

The straight knives A3 41 is listed at 5699, I think this must be the A3 31 price? (I just checked - it is).

Sorry, i gave the price for the A3 41A, which is just the jointer. My bad, completely forgot they made Hammer separates. The A3 41 is the combo machine.

1 minute ago, andrew-in-austin said:

I hear Felder has discounts quite often. Were you able to get it on sale?

Yes... It was part of the anniversary sale. I got the machine at a discounted price, "free" maintenance kit, $500 shipping allowance, comfort guard and silent power were included in the price. Normally, for what I got the price is around 15K.