Roubo Time!! Let’s light this candle!

MattF

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:13 PM, MattF said:

Can’t find the “Feet Up” thread, but I already to the picture, so here it is:

EDCA99B7-12BF-48D7-BD2D-F5F09B59AE70.thumb.jpeg.1d524d4f0d4f9fedc1f84994251bb3af.jpeg

Congrats Matt...Just got mine in December and I cant wait to have my feet up like this.. Looks like a great time.

2 minutes ago, mat60 said:

Congrats Matt...Just got mine in December and I cant wait to have my feet up like this.. Looks like a great time.

Did you get an R-Pod? The wife finally got tired of tent camping so we pulled the trigger on this. I have to say, it was a much more relaxing time.

5 minutes ago, Chet said:

I knew when you bought that trailer that the Roubo project was going to take longer.  Where ya at?

The other thread left when Gary left.

I finished up the end cap finally. I will update this thread this week. My shop good a little messy with the trailer purchase and lots of life things in the way. I am about to get back started soon.

58 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Does anyone know why Gary left ? I vaguely remember him being back after an extended absence. It does seem like there has been a fair bit of turnover the last year or 2.

I think he posted a bon voyage message but I wouldn't go into the details as I've already been ban hammered from another form for such talk.

And yeah. We've lost about a hundred years of good experience in the last one or two.

1 hour ago, Chet said:

Some people have left and some knowledge went with them but for the sake and sanity of everyone still here I would like to get this thread back on the topic of Matt's Roubo build and the fact that he isn't working on it because he is camping... 

Sanity doesn’t exist in the world of woodworking according to my wife, but I agree;)

11 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Prob right;). Now if Matt will get his feet awAy from the fire, we can get back to the originally scheduled program. Nice digs by the way! 

Hoping to start on the dog hole strip this weekend.:D

8 hours ago, wdwerker said:

Somebody needs to post pictures of the inevitable melted soles. 

Those shoes need to be resoled anyway. They are one of the best pair of shoes I have ever had. They are my shop, yard work, camping, roof, house work shoes. The only problem is that they so many miles on them the tread is completely gone. If they are wet and I step on a smooth surface, I may end up on my butt.

10 minutes ago, MattF said:

Those shoes need to be resoled anyway. They are one of the best pair of shoes I have ever had. They are my shop, yard work, camping, roof, house work shoes. The only problem is that they so many miles on them the tread is completely gone. If they are wet and I step on a smooth surface, I may end up on my butt.

I have me a pair of them also. They are the Danner brand Marine Corps Branded boots. Those things have seen done serious sheet, and still kicking but last time I went hiking, I thought I had bad grip. Looked at the soul and the center of both is worn past any nubs. Just slick rubber. Time for a re soul and new life.

• 2 months later...