Aromatic cedar boxes

Cliff

Looks nice !  I always use my drum sander on knotty wood but pine and cedar are bad about loading up the abrasive with resin. Finger joints are fussy but behave better when the fit isn't super tight. 

Specialized casters can get pricey real quick. I found a wholesale supplier many years ago who stocks the frames and wheels separately. They assemble your choice of features to keep from stocking so many versions. Light duty wheels don't need bearings so I can pick a cheaper wheel. Luckily they are local as freight would tag on even more $. I've found some wholesale suppliers will sell to the public if you are polite & patient so it's worth looking into. 

• Like 2

Nice job on those Cliff.

I built a chest out of that stuff for my wife (then GF) more years ago than I like to admit, but it's well over 40 years. Even now, when it is opened up the room fills with the most wonderful aroma. I don't remember how hard it was to work because then I was more concerned with other things ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnG said:

They look great! It’s a shame it was such a frustrating build. 

The 2nd version I tried were my first ever dovetails. Holy crap it was awful. That was my own mistake. Definitely frustrating but it will be awesome to see her face light up.

• Like 2