Mark J

Jet JWBS-14SFX 14 inch bandsaw

Are they taking back the other tables?  I would be curious to see what running one with a Surface Grinder would do.

Can you ‘persuade’ it to be closer? Is it consistent all the way along the split or does it change?

5 hours ago, Mark J said:

Received the replacement table top a couple of days ago, but left it to acclimate to house temperature.  Opened it today and cleaned off the cosmoline, which pleasantly was not slathered on.  Figured I'd check the flatness before I went too far.  :(! it's got a dip at the slot measuring 25 thousandths.  Poop.  I sent Jet an email and will wait to hear from them tomorrow.  

Is that measured with the pin in place? Have to wonder if the pin slot was machined wrong and that is torquing the bed out of level. 

Yes the pin is in place.  I was going to check the flatness with the pin out, but it's too tight to pull without putting a wrench on it.  

I'll wait to hear from Jet tomorrow.  I haven't given up on them and, frankly, although this is dissapointing, it's not unusual for any company (possible exception of Robust).  

I'd pull the pin..  You'd have to do that to change the blade anyway and I'm guessing they're going to have you do that in the trouble shooting process.  Probably better to know before the call.

• Like 1

Mark, have you checked flatness with the pin in and the table off of the saw? Sorry if this has been addressed earlier. 

Both tables have their pins in.  The original table is mounted on the saw.  The first replacement table was never mounted.