New storage shed

curlyoak

11 minutes ago, curlyoak said:

The yard stuff is in the yard. The garage is my shop. My shop has too much lumber and plywood and not enough space. And I have some lumber warehoused that wants to come home.

I was thinking you needed to store your yard stuff inside for the winter but I just now noticed you live in Florida.  Id be interested in seeing more pictures of your storage shed build as it comes along.

I am glad someone explained about the printing. Technically they are not trees. They are palmettos. Natural to here and all the way up the coat to the Carolina's. I like tropical things.fullsizeoutput_1cb7.thumb.jpeg.ce7c31d023d63fc00dab187e456bcd76.jpeg

This is strange. Believe it or not it is an orchid. dendrobium spectable. A natural species. From the Solomon Islands. Looks like an alien...Growing in my collection.

I will pressure clean that wall.The printing will be done all at once at the end of the work. Unless I use the drum sander...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, curlyoak said:

I am glad someone explained about the printing. Technically they are not trees. They are palmettos. Natural to here and all the way up the coat to the Carolina's. I like tropical things.fullsizeoutput_1cb7.thumb.jpeg.ce7c31d023d63fc00dab187e456bcd76.jpeg

This is strange. Believe it or not it is an orchid. dendrobium spectable. A natural species. From the Solomon Islands. Looks like an alien...Growing in my collection.

I will pressure clean that wall.The printing will be done all at once at the end of the work. Unless I use the drum sander...

I had a friend years ago who could name just about any Orchid by its Latin name. There are some really intricate plants in those families. Had no idea they could be that big a plant! 

5 hours ago, Chip Sawdust said:

I had a friend years ago who could name just about any Orchid by its Latin name. There are some really intricate plants in those families. Had no idea they could be that big a plant! 

There are 30 to 40 thousand natural species. And most of them will cross. So the number of hybrids is infinite. There are orchids on 6 of the 7 continents. Most are air plants. Some grow in the ground. There are orchids with much bigger flowers than posted here. This flower is about 3 inches across. And there are tiny ones that need a magnifying glass to see the details. And many of them love to grow on "strange trees" like palmettos.

IMG_4010.thumb.JPG.c1cd42573118df8506ca4b4a77de2ec2.JPG

fullsizeoutput_1cfe.thumb.jpeg.bb0876734ddfaafbeb055137d22687fe.jpegAnd the next step. Materials delivered. They acted like a bad cable guy. Their office said between 1 and 2. Got here 3:30. Driver said this morning he knew when he would be here. Liars, inconsiderate and dumb. But got good materials. And Monday morning the carpentry begins

Is 2x6 construction code for your area or did you just want this built extra sturdy? The opening for the man door looks large what size did you go there?

Also regional differences entertain me. My first though was. Wow there isn't going to be much slope on that roof. Snow loads might be problematic..... It's hard for me to remember that not everyone usually gets 48" of snow annually.

• Like 1