curlyoak

New storage shed

Recommended Posts

Its going to be great to get that yard stuff out of your garage. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The yard stuff is in the yard. The garage is my shop. My shop has too much lumber and plywood and not enough space. And I have some lumber warehoused that wants to come home.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, curlyoak said:

The yard stuff is in the yard. The garage is my shop. My shop has too much lumber and plywood and not enough space. And I have some lumber warehoused that wants to come home.

I was thinking you needed to store your yard stuff inside for the winter but I just now noticed you live in Florida.  Id be interested in seeing more pictures of your storage shed build as it comes along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bankstick said:

Will you have to deal with humidity?

If you live in Florida you deal with humidity. Where do you live?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't notice that you lived in Florida. I live in SE TN, still deal with humidity. 2018 set a record for rainfall. Anticipate a dry summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad someone explained about the printing. Technically they are not trees. They are palmettos. Natural to here and all the way up the coat to the Carolina's. I like tropical things.fullsizeoutput_1cb7.thumb.jpeg.ce7c31d023d63fc00dab187e456bcd76.jpeg

This is strange. Believe it or not it is an orchid. dendrobium spectable. A natural species. From the Solomon Islands. Looks like an alien...Growing in my collection.

I will pressure clean that wall.The printing will be done all at once at the end of the work. Unless I use the drum sander...

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, curlyoak said:

I am glad someone explained about the printing. Technically they are not trees. They are palmettos. Natural to here and all the way up the coat to the Carolina's. I like tropical things.fullsizeoutput_1cb7.thumb.jpeg.ce7c31d023d63fc00dab187e456bcd76.jpeg

This is strange. Believe it or not it is an orchid. dendrobium spectable. A natural species. From the Solomon Islands. Looks like an alien...Growing in my collection.

I will pressure clean that wall.The printing will be done all at once at the end of the work. Unless I use the drum sander...

I had a friend years ago who could name just about any Orchid by its Latin name. There are some really intricate plants in those families. Had no idea they could be that big a plant! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chip Sawdust said:

I had a friend years ago who could name just about any Orchid by its Latin name. There are some really intricate plants in those families. Had no idea they could be that big a plant! 

There are 30 to 40 thousand natural species. And most of them will cross. So the number of hybrids is infinite. There are orchids on 6 of the 7 continents. Most are air plants. Some grow in the ground. There are orchids with much bigger flowers than posted here. This flower is about 3 inches across. And there are tiny ones that need a magnifying glass to see the details. And many of them love to grow on "strange trees" like palmettos.

IMG_4010.thumb.JPG.c1cd42573118df8506ca4b4a77de2ec2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my younger days I would have done all the work. With a helper. Now a lot less. Concrete slabs I can't even help. Working on the ground or on a ladder is very limited nowadays. On the slab all I can do is watch. On the carpentry I am delegated to the second helper. I will do whatever needs done at bench level. And sweep and clean. And get and cut materials. I do remember long ago working for people my current age. I thought then someday I will do the easy part. The someday came too fast.

So I am waiting on my carpenter friend to get free and move this shed along. He is worth waiting for. He also installs cabinets I build. He makes my work look better. So I will wait...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, curlyoak said:

There are 30 to 40 thousand natural species. And most of them will cross. 

That is wild, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

  • Forum Statistics

    27,395
    Total Topics
    364,884
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    20,612
    Total Members
    1,529
    Most Online
    Josh F
    Newest Member
    Josh F
    Joined