Best hose nozzle I've ever bought

Tom King

2 hours ago, drzaius said:

Ouch! Remember the original lawn darts from the early '80s?

What was the originator of these things thinking? Quick buck, no liability insurance! In and out of business fast! 

Back in the early 1900’s when I was a kid, we played what we called Mumblety-peg with a knife. At least if we were off by too many inches, the knife went into a foot and not a skull. 

• Like 2

You know how people throw pencils up into acoustic tile ceilings? At the hardware store I worked at we used to take those 99 cent disposable box cutters and throw those up into the ceiling tiles above us, and if it didn’t stick we would to try to catch it instead of letting them fall to the floor. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ronn W said:

We played mumbly peg 50 years ago. 

20 hours ago, Coop said:

Mumblety-peg with a knife.

my wife thought i was crazy when i told her my dad taught me how to play that, all us kids carried a pocket knife, we had to have something to cut up the watermelon and apples we liberated from the local farm

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

If I'm wearing pants, there is a knife in the pocket, and has been since third grade.

+1

My son gives me a new Old Timer each year for Christmas even though I barely have the new worn off of the previous one. I date a blade with a fine point Sharpie and put it in my dresser drawer. Needless to say, that drawer is getting heavy! 

• Like 2

I was ALWAYS carrying until I began teaching. Anymore, I drive more than I work labor, so I have transitioned to knives with belt cutter and glass breaker studs. So very many life tasks are easier with a knife handy. Never got into games, but did go through a throwing phase. 

• Like 1

Absolutely no offense meant but I find it strange for any middle age (if I live to be 150 yo) man like myself to ask me if I have a knife. And yeah, it’s sad that a youngster now days can’t carry a penn knife to school. IMO, too much electronics and not enough outdoor activities. 

And all of this on a water hose nozzle thread, which btw, I did order. 

Sorry OP. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJS said:

To take this even further off-topic....I too have had a swiss army knife in my pocket at almost all times for the last 50 years.  The quality of the knives has not changed a lot but it seems to me the quality of pockets has...I get a hole in my right (knife) pocket before the pants are even properly broken in.  My wife, who re-inforces them for me, says I need to stop buying the version with the corkscrew (the Tourist) but I feel you need to stay prepared.

+1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, Coop said:

As a segue, does anyone have a water hose that they would hug and repeatedly buy? I really don’t care about the price as long as it doesn’t kink or have a memory, if there is such a thing? 

I don’t think there is such a thing Coop, I’ve had cheap, expensive and in between, the ones that retract on their own don’t really work well or so I’m told, the same goes for nozzles, never found one that didn’t leak, stop working or were just a pain to use, hopefully someone here has more info 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 9:03 PM, Coop said:

As a segue, does anyone have a water hose that they would hug and repeatedly buy? I really don’t care about the price as long as it doesn’t kink or have a memory, if there is such a thing? 

There used to be, but sadly no longer available, but there may be one almost as good.   More on this tomorrow.  Shutting it down here for tonight, and busy.

I usually try and get rubber hoses as they stay flexible to the lowest temperature and don't really have much memory. They kink pretty easy though. I don't think I've found a house that doesn't kink.

That said I've just started buying one step up from the cheapest hose. The seem to last long enough, don't destroy my wallet, and tend to be good enough. I have one that has a bit of memory and it's not very fun to use. To make things better i usually store it in a very large coil, like 4 foot diameter. I have a good space behind some bushes on rock to coil them.

• Like 2