Spiders

pkinneb

I've read that peppermint oil (where to find peppermint oil, I have no idea) it seems spiders don't like peppermint. I did a search because I have the same problem in my shop as you I've never tried this method, I would be interested in how you solve this infestation good luck.

• Thanks 1

I have a few spiders in my shop but I just let them be. Occasionally I have to ruin their web when I’m moving things but if they are up in a corner or under a cabinet, they get left alone. I’ll clean up the web if it gets too big, in in a doorway, or if the spider has moved on. Same goes for the house. Brown recluse has been the exception, but we don’t really have them where we live now. 

• Like 1

I also use the home defense spray. I'm pretty sure they sell it at the box stores around here Menards, Lowes Home depot etc. If i can manage i get the concentrate so i can use my pump sprayer.

9 hours ago, Just Bob said:

I get a lot of spiders and I hate them.  I spray this spray on the inside perimeter of the shop twice a year and it really works well.

Do those battery wands work well? I've been hesitant to buy them because it seems likely to break quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

Do those battery wands work well? I've been hesitant to buy them because it seems likely to break quickly.

I'd say yes.  I've bought them on jugs of weed killer and they perform well.  I use the same jug for multiple seasons.  I have had one break when un-packaging it, but it may have already been damaged.

• Thanks 1

Suspend is pretty effective, even outside under soffits, and porch ceilings, for a good while.  It works in garages too, and probably only needs two applications a year in a garage.  It says three months, but I don't find that I need to use it half that often.  It's non-staining.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Suspend+SC+Insecticide&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLVT9c3NEzLtjTNLa7MecRowS3w8sc9YSn9SWtOXmPU5OIKzsgvd80rySypFJLmYoOyBKX4uVB18ixiFQsuLS5IzUtRCHZW8MwrTk0uyUzOTEkFAKb_ACRlAAAA&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwiYtqjcrffzAhXyrpUCHQkMB6AQlr4CegQIJhBO&biw=1366&bih=657&dpr=1

This tells more about it:  https://www.domyown.com/suspend-sc-p-40.html

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2021 at 5:21 AM, Chestnut said:

I also use the home defense spray. I'm pretty sure they sell it at the box stores around here Menards, Lowes Home depot etc. If i can manage i get the concentrate so i can use my pump sprayer.

The one I have been using has lasted about 2yrs.  Just sprayed the other day, worked great.

• Like 2