Entertainment Center

Coop

I need to build one too, but no way in the foreseeable future with more important things ahead of it on the to-do list.   Back when we went to a much larger TV, we just bought a cheap one from Walmart thinking we'd replace it in the future.  It's sagging, doors don't move good etc., and it's the only "new' piece of furniture in our house which is otherwise all antiques.  We're stuck with it for a while though.

The only thing I can offer is if you are considering a sound bar.  We have a Bose in our house, and a Yamaha in the rental house.  The Yamaha is noticeably better, especially in clearer speech.

• Like 1

I think a dark tinted glass will look good with the maple heart wood I will be using. Sound bar for sure but I was kind of being facetious about the size and sound. Glasses and those hearing aids would probably help those issues! 

On 6/9/2022 at 9:57 AM, Coop said:

Glasses and those hearing aids would probably help those issues! 

About a year and a half ago my sister in law developed a really bad allergy to dust and it affected her eyes more then anything.  While her eye doctor and medical doctor were getting this figured out for her, the way it affected her eyes, she had use binoculars to watch TV.

• Sad 3

This is coming together quite well. After all the questions you've asked about this project I'm excited to see how it turns out. I'm still very surprised that you got ash instead of soft maple. in 10 years time you might regret using it inside this case instead of saving it. EAB is wiping out ash trees at a rapid pace and eventually we won't have many left.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 8:40 PM, Coop said:

Or a cabinet that goes below a new tv. I want to replace an older armoire housing a smaller flat screen, in a living area that gets little use with a larger tv. It has out grown it’s usefulness as it seems that the tv is not as large as it once was and the sound, not nearly as loud and clear! ;)

I’m attempting to build a close proximity to this.

65598D26-4DB6-4214-BAA0-51C5109EF16A.thumb.jpeg.5c724f8933be2fc824463eb925c35250.jpeg
Changes to be made are three to four drawers up the center and doors the full height, eliminating the three horizontal open areas across the top. It seems pretty simple with 7 glued up panels, top, sub-top, bottom, two end and two center. Then a couple of doors and the drawers. What could possibly go wrong? 

Made a box to fit my 52 inch TV many years ago solid oak20190418_210425.thumb.jpg.1322926e52cf4534e0f8437af73ae7be.jpg

• Like 2