Oak Curio cabinet

wdwerker

My finish supplier custom mixed the stain to match a roll top desk the client wanted to use as his bar back . We did that project last year.

Since this curio cabinet is right outside the doorway to the bar we are using the rest of the stain. Just made it too, only a few ounces left of the gallon.

The charge to custom mix is around $75 for stains.

We spray the stain then wipe it back. I use a old HVLP gun with a narrow fan and small fluid flow to keep overspray down.

I made a template ! Top fit like a glove, put the stair side down first and layed it down . Didn't even scrape the wall !image.thumb.jpeg.66d8d5c3436f277eb5e2912

How much do you charge to make this?  Looks beautiful....That exotic Premium Banana box dovetailed?

Disclaimer: This was a Joke...I have a dry sense of humor. :ph34r:

Edited by Janello
  • Like 1

So we finished the big case pieces seperately to make the interior finish as good as the exterior . Used green (Frog ) tape to cover the glue joint surfaces & domino mortices.image.thumb.jpeg.2ed7f133d4ec5293d75d540

Peeled the tape to expose the glue surfaces and Domino mortices to add the face frame. One layer at a time then clamp for 30 minutes or so.image.thumb.jpeg.c0c18af73f360728c669717

Use almost every short clamp in the shop to ensure all the gaps are closed. I let this stage dry for an hour or so.

image.jpeg