Hall table

bradpotts

Got the table glued up. Cut the sliding dovetails for the floating top. 27d4d4db5b20cad4eab307d129185b51.jpg went a little Norm on the jig and gust nailed it to the back. Figured no one would ever see. I also cut the tenons for the runners. Started cutting the dovetails for the drawer. f75c598af98e01bff2b117fee47b17ce.jpg got out my dovetailing jig. c5b8c8b9956eed303f1611d222616700.jpg hopefully finish the drawer tomorrow.

A little trick for noob. Since he has a lot of dovetails to make. Cut both sides at the same time. 971027c7e7c0321fb854fbefc891745d.jpg

• Like 1

What a fun project.  I really like the light, airy look the twisted legs give the piece.  I can't quite tell from the pics; are the legs all the same or are the left and right pairs mirrored?  The cherry and sepele combination is one I have not tried; they looks very good together and should only improve over time.

What a fun project.  I really like the light, airy look the twisted legs give the piece.  I can't quite tell from the pics; are the legs all the same or are the left and right pairs mirrored?  The cherry and sepele combination is one I have not tried; they looks very good together and should only improve over time.

They are all the same

• Like 1

When I saw the drawing, I didn't like it at all. I was thinking, oh wow... this guy is going to put one of Kevs cutting boards on some legs.

But, wow was I wrong! This is really looking good! I love the legs, really love the curves! The whole thing looks awesome! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I put some finish on her and added my hand plane. I have really struggled to think of a design for the handle though. 1d1e8d3148093c230db5f1c8aa293b47.jpg

19f974fa8fd8c8eb11cf313acfd2e908.jpg

Here is what I have for the design for the handle so far. I am going to go with cherry to break it up more. I also want it to be smaller. 88909b7553ad7de05707513201534d1d.jpg let me know if you have any design ideas that you think would look cool.

Looks great man.  Every time I see your little hand plane maker's mark I get jealous it's not mine.  Too cool.

For the knob...if it were me...I'd be going simple, round, unadorned, understated.  Cherry.  There's a lot going on in that table already...any more might get overwhelming.

• Like 1