Hijack!

Llama

3 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Paleo baby!

That's my life, no wrappers of any kind.  No buns, no tortillas, nothin'.  Just meat and veg. :(

Well the chicken was from a local farmer, bell peppers and tomato are from my backyard, salsa was home made last year from my backyard, the 2 ears of corn are also from my back yard. That's kinda close right?

• Like 1

Yeah sounds awesome.  Corn is technically off-limits with Paleo because it's a grain, but the fact that you grew it in your backyard makes it exception-worthy in my mind!

I need to grow a garden next year.  This year was impossible with the house a wreck.  This is the time of year when I always regret not having one, with everyone else chowing down on their nice organic veggie tables.

1 hour ago, Eric. said:

Paleo baby!

That's my life, no wrappers of any kind.  No buns, no tortillas, nothin'.  Just meat and veg. :(

We just made zucchini tater tots. They taste nothing like tater tots, but they were really good. 

Watching my wife eat waffles and biscuits at breakfast this morning made me question my choices. 

Growing a garden s a great idea. I want to grow tons of tomatoes and make my own ketchup, store stuff is like pure sugar and chemicals. 

I was taking an aluminum window out of it's frame today in the shop, to make ready for an already expensive window ac/heater unit. I used a sawzal to make the initial cut and a pry bar to man it out of position. Pry bar slipped and my arm came down on the alum edge. A unit of blood and $800 out of pocket made keeping cool, way too expensive. Instead of steak for dinner, we had tacos!

57 minutes ago, Eric. said:

We had "spaghetti" this evening.  Spaghetti squash that is. <_<  At least the meatballs were meat.

My wife bought one of those machines that spiral cuts that shit into spaghetti looking crap. I took one bite, got into my truck and bought real food. You should have done the same.

1 hour ago, Cliff said:

We just made zucchini tater tots. They taste nothing like tater tots, but they were really good. 

Watching my wife eat waffles and biscuits at breakfast this morning made me question my choices. 

Growing a garden s a great idea. I want to grow tons of tomatoes and make my own ketchup, store stuff is like pure sugar and chemicals. 

Cliff, go online and buy Whataburger ketsup and don't waste good tomatoes. Then plant Big Beef  and Brandywine tomatoes and Google a recipe for tomato gravy and biscuits for breakfast and use the fresh tomatoes for that. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys. The worse part was that the doc told me to take it easy for a few days and my wife was standing there and heard it, so mamma nurse is making sure I don't do anything. The cool part was that the doc pulled the wound open and showed me the muscle in my arm!

Chestnut, no, I am/was removing an aluminum sliding window in my shop in order to frame the opening to accomadate a new window ac unit. It seems that when I start a task, it requires that I do several others prior to! The doc visit just wasn't on my schedule. 

22 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Cliff, go online and buy Whataburger ketsup and don't waste good tomatoes. Then plant Big Beef  and Brandywine tomatoes and Google a recipe for tomato gravy and biscuits for breakfast and use the fresh tomatoes for that. 

There isn't really such a thing as "good tomatoes" :)

23 hours ago, K Cooper said:

I was taking an aluminum window out of it's frame today in the shop, to make ready for an already expensive window ac/heater unit. I used a sawzal to make the initial cut and a pry bar to man it out of position. Pry bar slipped and my arm came down on the alum edge. A unit of blood and $800 out of pocket made keeping cool, way too expensive. Instead of steak for dinner, we had tacos!

Doesn't matter, had tacos.

13 hours ago, wdwerker said:

Home grown ripe flavorful fresh cut tomatoes that have never seen the inside of a refrigerator plus crispy bacon, crunchy romaine lettuce, tangy mayo on your favorite bread is the proper platform "good tomatoes"

Had one of those for lunch Sunday & it was amazing.