Hijack!

Llama

Isn't the point of a LAJ plane to make an edge flat (when attempting to do so of course) because I did the opposite. This is the last plane I buy until I get them figured out. 

Also I really have no idea how the hell to sharpen it. How annoying.

50 minutes ago, Llama said:

Each plane has it's own purpose. LAJ has many.

How long was the edge you unflattened?

28"

I made pencil marks where I needed to take material off, and kept basically taking material off and then was like.. wait my pencil marks are still there, why why why? I checked for square and it was way way off in the other direction. So I just ran the thing down the entire edge as flat as I could (3/4" wide) and never really got a full shaving width-wise. 

Then we fixed the jointer and I ran it across once and it was flat and square. But I really want to learn to use this stuff correctly and get pretty frustrated that it never works for me. 

19 minutes ago, -MattK- said:

Broken tibia from playing fat old man soccer, waiting for my wife to fill the Percocet prescription.

broke the bone all the way thru but not displaced so no surgery.

This sucks.

Stinky deal, man. Take care of that & get well.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, -MattK- said:

Broken tibia from playing fat old man soccer, waiting for my wife to fill the Percocet prescription.

Got a trophy in our 7v7 league yesterday. Didn't know they gave out trophies in fat old man soccer. Rest well friend. Futsal season is coming if you can find an Internet service to stream it to you. 

• Like 1

Yeah, that's a low blow. Kicked in the back of the leg where shin pads don't help. Our star got kicked in the nose in the semi.  Stuffed a ridiculous amount of paper up each nostril and came back in to score three more. I think the fat old men get hurt more because they lack coordination and kick things they shouldn't. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eric. said:

LOL!  Oh, wow.  Talk about adding insult to injury!  The English do understand beer, though, don't they?

Thankfully, they do.  

I was casted up by a resident...  How old does that make him? 16?  Looked like a backstreet boy and was late because he locked himself out of his apartment. I think he called me bro.

anyway, he says, "we got you some Percocet, don't drink with the Percocet" but he's nodding at me signalling "let's get messed up bro!!"

• Like 2