Hijack!

Llama

2 hours ago, -MattK- said:

Haha!! Great photo, E!

And I am a goalie!  For those that know soccer, I was playing sweeper keeper today, came out for a ball 35-40 yds out of the goal.  I cleared it but one of their guys hit me from an angle and snapped my leg.  Really painful.

It was in a...  less desirable town.  So one of my teammates drove me to a hospital closer to home.  An incredibly painful drive with how poorly paved the roads are here!

I'm laying in bed now and my wife just brought me carrots.  She's English, so it's not like I have some great meal to look forward to, either.  

PLEASE SEND TACOS

Ouch!! feel better and heal quickly.. Carrots... sounds like my lady... trying to make me lose weight before the wedding in a month... making me eat carrots and kale... what am I a rabbit!!!  Hope you get some tacos...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Llama said:

I'd bring you tacos if you didn't live so far away! No man should be without tacos! 

Luckily we have good tacos down the street. And they deliver on seamless!!  I just need to bribe my kids to answer the door and smuggle them to me. 

Dinner was gluten free chicken nuggets. But I put the Hot Ones hot sauce on them. Anyone watch that YouTube show?  First we feast's hot ones....?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

So, unless you're a fruit with a flower in your hair band, don't fret it?

I'm sure there are people that are allergic to it. I have yet to meet someone that is actually allergic to it. However, I do know people that are somehow only recently allergic to gluten. Oh well. 

41 minutes ago, -MattK- said:

Dinner was gluten free chicken nuggets. But I put the Hot Ones hot sauce on them. Anyone watch that YouTube show?  First we feast's hot ones....?

Why do I have this feeling that in the coming days Matt's posts will become more and more frequent and more and more WEIRD. :D  This is your brain on boredom, Matt.

Image result for brain on drugs

• Like 1

When you conference with your kid's teacher, and all the teacher talks about is how they are trained...kick them to the curb. The conference will be about strategies if they know what they are doing. That can be a big IF...

On the flip side, if you try to tell them that mid-conference...things get tense. 

There was some sort of study that set off the gluten insanity. Turns out they screwed up the results and only about 1/1000 of the people that thought they were gluten sensitive/allergic are actually such.

And I seriously need to fire up the smoker. Soon.

1 minute ago, Cliff said:

There was some sort of study that set off the gluten insanity. Turns out they screwed up the results and only about 1/1000 of the people that thought they were gluten sensitive/allergic are actually such.

And I seriously need to fire up the smoker. Soon.

Flip side, discovering benefits of avoiding gluten for those folks is creating tremendous healing for my sisters with Hasimoto's thyroiditis which happens to be very tricky to diagnose but easy to "treat."